Author Topic: Increasing the SA on a tuned P01  (Read 1691 times)

Offline Indy_Tim

Increasing the SA on a tuned P01
« on: January 23, 2019, 04:01:34 PM »
I have a P01 that is fully Cajunized and is a fantastic gun.  Love the thing, but my SA is down to about 2#.  DA is a hair over 7# and I?m happy with that.  I?d love to get the SA up to a hair over 3#.  Any ideas on how to get there?

The gun is a non-Omega P01
CGW Pro kit installed
Lightened TRS, FP safety and main spring.
The main spring is a blue 13#
Recoil spring is stock.

There was a lot of polishing done when I installed the kit but nothing done to either the hammer or sear.

Any thoughts on why this one came out so light?  It?s a fantastic trigger but ended up being a bit lighter than I am comfortable carrying with.

Offline Mick-S

Re: Increasing the SA on a tuned P01
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 04:52:20 PM »
Call David with CGW. He can help with that.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 04:57:50 PM »
I'd try the 15 lb and 18 lb hammer spring. Either one should increase the SA weight a bit.

Offline Tok36

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 05:32:29 PM »
These are some of the options for increasing the Single Action pull weight of a CZ75 variant pistol.

Standard Factory Firing Pin Block spring.

Standard Factory or Extra Power Firing Pin Block Lifter Spring.

75015 Heavy Lifter Spring
https://cajungunworks.com/product/75015-heavy-lifter-spring/

Standard Factory or Extra Power Trigger Return Spring. This will also increase the DA to a more noticeable degree than some of the other options.

CZ 75 Trigger Return Spring HEAVY
https://czcustom.com/cz-75-trigger-return-spring-heavy.html

« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 08:56:45 PM by Tok36 »
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline Indy_Tim

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2019, 06:04:32 PM »
Thanks folks.  I appreciate the advise.  I didn?t know that there were extra power springs available for the trigger or lifter.

Offline oteroman

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 07:30:57 PM »
I think a heavier sear spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline coolbox

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2019, 07:33:45 AM »
I think a heavier sear spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes, a Tanfoglio sear spring has 4 coils instead of the 3 coils in CZ75. If it fits in decocker version sear/sear cage, it should help increase a fee ounces. All in all, expect around half pound of increase, which will be very noticeable. Also, switch back to standard weight FP safety spring.
Or just send to CGW with the desired targets in mind. Do note that the DA will increase too, but that change will not be as pronounced as the one in SA.
Life is too short to waste on a bad trigger pull

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2019, 07:48:29 AM »
Just going back to the OEM trs will get you a half pound increase.

Offline Tok36

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2019, 02:35:41 PM »
I attempted to install a Tangfo sear spring into my PCR's sear cage a few weeks back. It will not fit without modification to the factory sear cage. I am unclear if modifying the decocker sear cage would cause any other issues. There are springs on both sides of the sear spring in a decocker, these would need to move a bit to make room for the larger sear spring. Otherwise it seams like a viable option.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline tdogg

• Two Alpha!
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2019, 06:41:35 PM »
The Tangfolio sear spring does not fit in a decocker sear as already mentioned.

It does fit in a safety model and increases the trigger pull by about 4 ounces (at least in my TSO).

I'd pull out the reduced power firing pin block spring in favor for the stock spring and install the heavier trigger return spring.   These will increase your DA as well as the SA but it should still be manageable.

You could also try to increase the upward tension on the triggerbar spring.  I haven't played with this but read somewhere here that it can influence the trigger pull.

Cheers,
Toby

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This forum rocks!

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2019, 07:48:10 PM »
The Tangfolio sear spring does not fit in a decocker sear as already mentioned.

It does fit in a safety model and increases the trigger pull by about 4 ounces (at least in my TSO).

I'd pull out the reduced power firing pin block spring in favor for the stock spring and install the heavier trigger return spring.   These will increase your DA as well as the SA but it should still be manageable.

You could also try to increase the upward tension on the triggerbar spring.  I haven't played with this but read somewhere here that it can influence the trigger pull.

Cheers,
Toby

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My (converted to SAO) CZ 75 railed compact had a 2&3/4 lb. trigger pull when I was first testing it after I put it back together.  I had some issues that kept it from firing (all that's in the thread about the conversion) so I ended up taking it apart again to see if I could figure out what was causing that.  Not know what I should know about CZ's I noticed the two arms on the trigger bar lifting spring were not even.  One stuck up about 1/8 to 3/16" more than the other one.  Wondering if the issue was a reduced upwards pressure due to the spring arms not being "balanced" I bent the lower arm upwards to make them even.  When I put it back together the problem was still there, but the trigger pull had gone up to just over 3 lbs.  I never did take it back apart and bend one, or both arms down a little bit to see if the trigger pull weight dropped down.

Then again, it might be affected more/less based on how much you've polished the tops of the trigger bar humps or the slide where they move against. 
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?