Author Topic: CZ RAMI2075 Magazine Base Pads (10 Round Magazines)  (Read 3145 times)

Offline Raven45

Re: CZ RAMI2075 Magazine Base Pads (10 Round Magazines)
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2019, 08:35:34 PM »
I will get with Stuart personally when I am able.  I really appreciate all your help, MeatAxe! 

In the meantime . . . . the tritium vial in the front sight on my RAMI launched to parts unknown, so the slide is on it's way to Cajun Gun Works for a front sight replacement! 

I'll follow up on the magazine base pads while I have "1/2 a gun" in my possession!

Offline MeatAxe

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2019, 02:27:56 AM »
I will get with Stuart personally when I am able.  I really appreciate all your help, MeatAxe! 

In the meantime . . . . the tritium vial in the front sight on my RAMI launched to parts unknown, so the slide is on it's way to Cajun Gun Works for a front sight replacement! 

I'll follow up on the magazine base pads while I have "1/2 a gun" in my possession!

The Meprolite night sights that CZ equips the Rami with truly suck balls.

CZ Custom sells Trijicon replacements, maybe CGW does, too.

I've never had any problems with Trijicon night sights, but I have a pile of dead, mashed and broken Meprolites from various pistols, including the Rami.

Offline Esquilax

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2019, 02:41:41 AM »

The Meprolite night sights that CZ equips the Rami with truly suck balls.

CZ Custom sells Trijicon replacements, maybe CGW does, too.

I've never had any problems with Trijicon night sights, but I have a pile of dead, mashed and broken Meprolites from various pistols, including the Rami.
The BD has better sights than the B. Are they both mepro?

Offline Raven45

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2019, 12:00:09 PM »
The sights on my RAMI are Trijicon sights installed by Cajun Gun Works when they built the pistol.  (New RAMI 2075, the front and rear sight, and a full Pro Package).  My comment about the failure of the tritium vial in the front sight is in no way meant to reflect negatively on either the sight or CGW. 

Stuff happens . . .  CGW is taking care of the problem. 

Offline MeatAxe

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2019, 03:56:47 PM »
The sights on my RAMI are Trijicon sights installed by Cajun Gun Works when they built the pistol.  (New RAMI 2075, the front and rear sight, and a full Pro Package).  My comment about the failure of the tritium vial in the front sight is in no way meant to reflect negatively on either the sight or CGW. 

Stuff happens . . .  CGW is taking care of the problem.

Huh...are your night sights made by Trijicon or Dawson Precision, like the ones listed on CGW's website?

https://cajungunworks.com/product/72075-dawson-precision-tritium-night-sights-rami/

The Trijicon sights on the CZ Custom website appear to be manufactured in-house with Trijicon vials.

https://czcustom.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?ajaxcatalog=true&cat=&&q=Rami+2075

Of course, the Rami front sight uses a Novak dove tail, so you should be able to use any Novak-cut front sight.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 04:03:41 PM by MeatAxe »

Offline Raven45

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2019, 04:16:22 PM »
I stand corrected.  The sights that Cajun Gun Works installed on my RAMI 2075 when they built it are made by Dawson Precision, as shown here:

https://cajungunworks.com/product/72075-dawson-precision-tritium-night-sights-rami/

The tritium vial in the front sight came out of the sight.  I am sending the slide back to CGW to have the front sight replaced. 

David has advised that he will ensure the work is completed quickly for a quick turn-around.  I have no doubts that is what will happen.

Offline Raven45

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2019, 03:24:38 PM »
Not certain if anyone is still interested in this post, and it's original intent.  However, wanted to report that my question has been answered and the issue resolved.  I was able to speak directly with Stuart at CZ Custom yesterday, and using the photo previously supplied so generously by MeatAxe on this forum, we were able to get on the same page for what I was looking for in the way of a base pad for the CZ 10-round magazines for use in my RAMI 2075.

To remind readers of the original issue:  When carrying (concealed) a spare CZ 10-round magazine in a single magazine OWB carrier in conjunction with the concealed carry of my RAMI 2075, the almost razor sharp edge of OEM 10-round magazine badly scraped/poked me in the side to the point of being unacceptable.  I wanted an alternative base pad to be installed on the spare magazine that would alleviate this problem and still fit in the pistol when needed.

MeatAxe provided me information about the CZ Custom #30093 base pad, and suggested it as a solution.  Long story short, I ended up purchasing the same exact base bad, but it was Part #30090.  The #30093 base pad has a brushed aluminum finish, and the #30090 base pad had an anodized blue finish.  No other differences. 

Problem solved, thanks to Stuart and MeatAxe.  Your guidance and assistance are much appreciated - Thanks!  :)

Offline MeatAxe

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2019, 01:25:24 PM »
^ No problem - glad to be of help!

Offline CZ8254

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2019, 11:26:21 AM »
Hi,

New member here. Great forum. Used a lot of the information here to purchase my CZ 2075 (safety version) and add a couple of upgrades from CGW (RRK & tritium sights). I have a question about the specific CZC base pad you purchased. I have the Pierce grip extension and it is OK.  Does anyone knows how the CZC base pad compares to the modified Pierce grip extension in terms of length? Meaning, can I get an equal purchase on either of them?

Thanks in advance for any feedback!!

Offline MeatAxe

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2019, 03:50:59 PM »
Hi,

New member here. Great forum. Used a lot of the information here to purchase my CZ 2075 (safety version) and add a couple of upgrades from CGW (RRK & tritium sights). I have a question about the specific CZC base pad you purchased. I have the Pierce grip extension and it is OK.  Does anyone knows how the CZC base pad compares to the modified Pierce grip extension in terms of length? Meaning, can I get an equal purchase on either of them?

Thanks in advance for any feedback!!

The CZ Custom aluminum pad referred to above is @ 10mm tall, which in my hands is plenty of room to rest my pinky comfortably.

The modified Pearce XD extension is @ 23mm tall (that was after I had to file @ 1.5mm of material off the top of the extension to get it to seat in the Rami mag well.

However, the factory Rami grip sleeve and floor plate installed on a standard 14rd CZ75 magazine is only @ 26mm tall, which is by far the most comfortable ergonomical (and with 4 extra rounds capacity) and easier to unload and reload.

So, I really don't see the point of the modified Pearce floor plate, especially since it's liable to pop off and dump your mag contents on the ground.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 09:14:22 PM by MeatAxe »

Offline CZ8254

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2019, 10:22:58 AM »
Thank you very much for your detailed explanation and advice.  Very helpful.

Offline mecenas

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2019, 12:55:50 PM »
MeatAxe: would you please specify by part numbers the full set-up of this magazine, grip sleeve and base pad.

It all seems to be confusing. I think that when you talk about the standard 14 rd CZ magazine - you are talking about CZ 75 compact? 

Then I am not sure what grip sleeve fits with that - would it be CZ RAMI 14 rounder grip sleeve ?

And, finally - all that is topped (or rather bottomed) by CZ custom 30090 base pad ? Is that correct ?

I apologize for my confusion, but a lot of shortcut terminology come here to play and they do not always mean the same thing.

Thanks in advance

Offline MeatAxe

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2019, 04:09:48 AM »
MeatAxe: would you please specify by part numbers the full set-up of this magazine, grip sleeve and base pad.

It all seems to be confusing. I think that when you talk about the standard 14 rd CZ magazine - you are talking about CZ 75 compact? 

Then I am not sure what grip sleeve fits with that - would it be CZ RAMI 14 rounder grip sleeve ?

And, finally - all that is topped (or rather bottomed) by CZ custom 30090 base pad ? Is that correct ?

I apologize for my confusion, but a lot of shortcut terminology come here to play and they do not always mean the same thing.

Thanks in advance

This is the magazine sleeve / extension for the Rami at CZ USA, which is fitted to the CZ75 14 rd. standard (compact) magazine (for the CZ75 Compact, PCR and P-01):

https://shop.cz-usa.com/productdetail/321860177001_mag-extension-sleeve-rami

http://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/11752_Mag-Cz-2075-Rami-9mm-14rd-Ext

The part numbers for the extended base pad(s) from CZ Custom are cited in the posts above.