Author Topic: Anyone buy on armslist?  (Read 9850 times)

Offline larryflew

• Minnesota
Re: Anyone buy on armslist?
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2019, 05:12:42 PM »
I have done a lot of both F2F and shipped buys and sells through AL and again reiterate it is the same due diligence you need to do for any on line purchase. For buying on AL it is especially important to look at when they joined (no Newbies) if they are registered (no unregistered) and how much info they give (no short I have an SP01 for sale). Have purchased at least 15 guns there and zero problems which is even one less than the problem I had with an established gun seller on Gunbroker that lied about his info.
When did it change from "We the people" to "screw the people"?

, []]]]]]]]]]]\>
        )'_\   (
'            \ *\
'              \ _\

Larry

Minnesota shooter
and CZ fanatic
NRA life since the 70's
USAF 66-70

Why use 911 when it's faster to use 1911 or 9mm?

Offline QuickDrawMcgraw

« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2019, 05:49:43 PM »
I use Armslist to check my Gun Range and one of my favorite gun stores out for new items or to see what prices they have on stuff.  I almost always turn off Private Party - but one day while searching my home state and CZ - I ran across a CZ P-09 40 S&W for an unbelievable price from a private seller. 

The seller listed one of my favorite go-to transfer FFLs as his preferred transfer location - so I contacted him and I purchased the P-09. 

I would never buy off Armslist from a Private seller out of state, and even if in my home state it would have to be something in the ad that made me feel comfortable like meeting at a transfer FFL that I was comfortable with.

16 CZs and counting

Offline bonj

• BANNED
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2023, 04:17:04 PM »
I buy and sell guns on Armslist all the time. It is reputable.

Offline tomboyjr

« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2023, 08:00:04 AM »
 I know this was an old thread, but I'll say that I have bought a few guns from out of state on Armslist lately using Guntab.
 I have no affiliation with them at all. When I first read about it I thought, bleep why hadnt anyone thought of that already? Its like Paypal, but for guns. The bummer is, even though now I have an account, the seller has to have one also. Though it doesnt cost anything for the seller. 

Offline bonj

• BANNED
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2023, 04:02:38 PM »
I have bought an sold guns on armslist via Paypal FF before with no issues, but I did recently sign up for the new Gunstab option.

Offline B.curtsinger

« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2023, 04:13:14 PM »
I’ve done Armslist in the past, mostly FTF, and in a parking lot (like Walmart/somewhere well lit). Lately it seems pretty dead though.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2023, 04:14:04 PM by Wobbly »

Offline bonj

• BANNED
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2023, 06:20:30 PM »
I have several CZ's for sale on armslist and have bought several from armslist, never had an issue, but most of my sales have been FTF and the ones I shipped had no issues either. just do your due diligence as others have stated.

Offline bonj

• BANNED
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2023, 06:25:40 PM »
I’ve done Armslist in the past, mostly FTF, and in a parking lot (like Walmart/somewhere well lit). Lately it seems pretty dead though.
Armslist isn't dead at all. It's just their search engine is flawed. One can put in several different spellings of a gun and get several different results. My suggestion is to put in the most generic title in your search and then select your state and or city. For example "CZ" and "Ohio".

Offline B.curtsinger

« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2023, 07:49:14 PM »
Maybe it’s more region specific.  My area has seen an huge loss of traffic since it went to monthly billing. Even not searching for anything in particular, just clicking on a category and state/city, just not much there.

Offline Slikshot22

« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2023, 10:29:48 AM »
I buy there ,have had excellent luck  ,but be aware lots of scams

Dollaregeneral

« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2024, 06:56:06 PM »
Just listed something on armslist offering guntab for payment.  We will see.

Offline JBruns

« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2024, 06:32:05 PM »
Only used AL once about 1.5 years ago, to sell my Dillon 650 locally. Problem free transaction. I recommend it over Gun Broker by a long shot.

Offline Drewzer17

« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2024, 11:59:26 PM »
What’s guntab? I always thought want the guys cell to talk to him and feel him out ..

Offline Rum River Jedi

« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2024, 10:28:00 AM »
I have no experience with Armslist but have had very good luck with GrabaGun.

Offline Lo-Profile

« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2024, 01:12:08 AM »
I've bought and sold a few from Armslist.
Mostly before the required membership costs.

I'd just meet the seller/buyer/trader someplace public.
Always went armed, with my wife who was as well.