Author Topic: Anyone buy on armslist?  (Read 9849 times)

Offline NeedCZ

Re: Anyone buy on armslist?
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2019, 10:43:31 AM »
I've sold a couple guns on Armslist, also in Ohio.  The buyers and I traded emails, picked a convenient, public meeting place and made quick, easy, friendly transactions. 
I had one bad experience where a buyer tried to convince me to sell to him in Kentucky without an ffl, but I just told him no and he dropped the matter.
Never be reckless when it comes to guns or money, but don't be afraid to use Armslist.

Offline songmeesay

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2019, 11:31:59 AM »
My last purchase was a standard sp 01 that was turned into an accu shadow from armslist. Came in super clean. The purchase before that not quite so much. If anything I ask for more pictures because the site compresses the pictures so much you really cant tell the condition.

Offline CZ Shadow 2

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2019, 07:38:13 PM »
I've both bought and sold on Craigslist and Armslist.
When selling/buying via an Armslist ad, I always have buyer complete a bill of sale.
The buyer either comes to my house, or we meet in a parking lot during the day.
Never had a problem. I try to only sell to concealed permit holders and state id, but that's not always possible.
I have his email address and phone # in case something should go wrong. I've met a lot of nice guys over
the years either selling/buying guns/ammo via online ad.
If you're not comfortable doing as I do, you can ask to meet at local P.D., as they would probably welcome
you into a safe environment.

Offline Phaedrus/69

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2019, 07:17:18 PM »
I've been aware of Armlist for ages but never bought or sold there til about a week ago.  I listed my Beretta CX-4 Storm carbine there (since getting my Scorpion and SB Tactical brace the Beretta just gathers dust in the closet).  My experience was pretty decent.  It was listed for a week or ten day before I sold it but I was able to get a face-to-face sale in town here where I live, and cash to boot.  Shipping and dealing with that stuff would be a pain but if you can get a local buyer I think it's a worthwhile site/service.

Offline larryflew

• Minnesota
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2019, 12:07:36 AM »
Shipping rifles and shotguns is no big deal as they can go by USPS from you directly to buyers FFL. Handguns are a bit of a PITA since they need to be UPS or FedEx next day if you ship it. Usually makes having your FFL send it more reasonable since he can use USPS flat rate.
When did it change from "We the people" to "screw the people"?

, []]]]]]]]]]]\>
        )'_\   (
'            \ *\
'              \ _\

Larry

Minnesota shooter
and CZ fanatic
NRA life since the 70's
USAF 66-70

Why use 911 when it's faster to use 1911 or 9mm?

Offline Swamp ash

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2019, 10:17:14 AM »
Arrange to meet F2F at your favorite LGS and include a background check in the price.
That way, not only is it safer, but you legally transfer the weapon.
Ruger rimfire fan

Offline bgriff008

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2019, 01:09:23 PM »
I have sold 3-4 firearms off Armslist over the past several years. Even made a couple trades. I have had no issues. I always meet at Cabelas Columbus, just because its location is easily accessible by anyone. Its right off the highway. Just sold my Mossberg 500 a couple months ago and met the buyer there. All sales are in cash. Ive been fortunate to have only done business with CCW holders, so that makes the transaction smoother and more comfortable. I know per the laws its not required, but its nice knowing the individual has passed a background check. I make up a private bill of sale with firearm info as well as the buyers info. And I get a copy of the buyers CCW.

As for dealing with someone shady, I havent had the pleasure. LOL...All has been good.

Ive had a few inquiries of firearms ive had for sale where the individual states they are in town visiting. I politely tell them that I can not sell to them unless we go to an FFL and I ship the firearm to them. They respond with a thanks, but no thanks. Or Id be driving from out of state to pick it up. And then there is the, I will send you a certified check, please give me your info so I know where to send stuff....Cmon..LOL..
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 01:15:06 PM by bgriff008 »

Offline OxWhite

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2019, 08:52:10 AM »
I have bought a couple pistols from arms list. The few that I have met, have been great to deal with. Bill of sales and CCW holders. We met in public places. I live in Ohio.

Offline motorcyclist

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2019, 10:46:58 AM »
Have a Sig 1911 carry nightmare I haven't shot in years. Will be listing it on armslist For Friday.

Offline tanders

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2019, 11:35:03 PM »
I?ve come across so many scammers on there when I?m trying to buy and also several when trying to sell. I try to steer clear of armslist

Offline larryflew

• Minnesota
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2019, 01:17:31 AM »
Just received another Armslist.com purchase. Like new circuit judge in 44 mag for 450 shipped. Almost 200 less than I have seen it anywhere.
When did it change from "We the people" to "screw the people"?

, []]]]]]]]]]]\>
        )'_\   (
'            \ *\
'              \ _\

Larry

Minnesota shooter
and CZ fanatic
NRA life since the 70's
USAF 66-70

Why use 911 when it's faster to use 1911 or 9mm?

Offline tanders

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2019, 01:33:50 AM »
Just received another Armslist.com purchase. Like new circuit judge in 44 mag for 450 shipped. Almost 200 less than I have seen it anywhere.

It?s unfortunate there are so many scammers on there because I just assume the good deals are scams now.

Offline mbliss57

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2019, 06:53:58 AM »
I have purchased from Armslist in the past but now I will only use FTF transactions. You need to be careful even in FTF so that you don't waste your time. I usually as a few basic gun related questions that gives an idea if the seller has any gun knowledge at all. If not I am done. I then ask a few specific questions about the gun itself and see to see if the owner/ seller really has used the gun. (Assuming he claims to have done so)
Finally I never have anyone come to my house or me go to their house f I don't know them from a gun board like this one or the S&W or Sig  Forum. I always insist we meet in a neutral location usually a parking lot of a mall where there are plenty of people around. 
So with all that hassle I don't bother much anymore.
CZ75- CZBD- CZ Sp01Phantom- CZ 70- CZ 27- CZ 24
SWCA- NRA LM

Offline eagle-eye

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2019, 05:18:03 PM »
I've used Armslist a number of times, in fact the P10c I just bought was through Armslist. It is always a face to face transaction, always cash, and always somewhere safe. I usually ask people to meet me in the parking lot of our local Academy Sports. I have had some goofy responses from people trying to get me to ship. You have no way of knowing if it's a scam or not if you ship. If private transactions are legal in your state, it is a good tool to buy, trade, or sell and get a better price then you might get from an FFL that wants to buy low so he can sell high. It's just like selling your car on Craigslist for a better deal on it.
Good rule of thumb, if it sounds fishy, it probably is. Just don't answer the email. I had a guy try to get me to ship a gun a couple months ago. His user name was some kind of gangster rap name, "Young MC Super" or something like that. I ignored him and he went away.
I've found that growing up in the sixties was a lot more fun than being in my sixties.

Offline JDM396

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2019, 02:13:25 PM »
Yes,  just picked up a Cajunized CZ75BD in fact.  Usually just look at the reputable vendor listings.

anything