Author Topic: well a Glock joined my eclectic collection  (Read 400 times)

Offline f100owner

well a Glock joined my eclectic collection
« on: January 25, 2019, 03:30:31 PM »
A co-worker had a 45 acp she said she did not enjoy shooting. Wanted to go the 9mm route. I had no Glocks in my collection and bought her Gen 4 Model 30. When she described it I thought we were probably talking about a full-sized Glock, but in the end it was their compact model.
Still was only about a year old, still had all of its paperwork (unopened) and three mags along with some grips. Got it for $400. It was a reasonable deal.
Previously had bought my wife a glock 26, but she got to were she could not rack it well, so handed it down to my son who wanted something simple for his first firearm at age 47.
If weather holds, might get to try it out, along with my Christmas present Marlin 1894C .38/.357 mag lever action.
CZ - 75B, P-07, RAMI;
Walther PPS, /PPK/s;
1911 - Taurus 9mm, RIA Government;
Assorted other revolvers, automatics

Offline motorcyclist

Re: well a Glock joined my eclectic collection
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2019, 06:14:31 PM »
You did good for $400! I might be crazy but for me there's something about the way a Glock in 45acp shoots. Maybe it's the recoil impulse with the polymer frame or something. I had a G21 for years that in a fit of "want that gun" traded it off. Last year Glock had that program where any Vet with a DD214 could one time purchase at blue label pricing. I bought a G41 mos. Great shooter!
Will never happen but I'd love to see CZ come out with a P (what ever number they want to use) like the P10 series, but in 45acp. I'd stand in line for one.

Offline ssqman

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2019, 10:01:47 AM »
The G30 is a soft shooter and is known to be very accurate. You got a good deal.
No, Google is not my friend

Offline f100owner

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 10:01:29 AM »
Did not get to try out any firearms this weekend. Hope to soon.
It looks like it is about the same size as the Glock 26. My wife wanted one of those and then decided she did not like it, so it went to my son.
I looked at the paperwork this weekend and the spent casings envelope was dated 2014, so it is a 4 or 5 year old pistol.
CZ - 75B, P-07, RAMI;
Walther PPS, /PPK/s;

Offline CZ_FANATIC

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2019, 07:43:16 PM »
The Gen 4 Glock 30 is a great pistol. You will enjoy the accuracy.

Offline f100owner

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2019, 08:43:42 AM »
Put about a box of ammo through the G30 this weekend. The .45 acp in that compact of a package is interesting. It did what Glocks do - go bang everytime. Also shot the RAMI and my new Christmas gift (for the first time) my Marlin 19894C in 38/357. I liked shooting it more.
CZ - 75B, P-07, RAMI;
Walther PPS, /PPK/s;

anything