Author Topic: LOK grips--texture question--opinions ?  (Read 4013 times)

Offline BCC

LOK grips--texture question--opinions ?
« on: January 26, 2019, 11:23:15 AM »
Guys..looking for some opinions on LOK grip textures. Thinking on some Thin Full Checkered for my P01 . I absolutely HATE smooth slick grips. Have some Talon textured for my Glock 19 but had to sandpaper them cause they were too aggressive and rubber texture was not grippy enough !!
For the price, I want to try and make the best decision !
Your opinions on texture would be appreciated....this is my Carry OWB !!!!
Glock 19
Glock 43
Glock 43x

Offline Sango

Re: LOK grips--texture question--opinions ?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 02:52:57 PM »
I?d recommend thin full checkered or thin Matrix. I have bogies on 3 different pistols, but wouldn?t necessarily recommend that texture for carrying, I think the bogies are a little more aggressive than what you?re ideally looking for.
I’ve got a few CZ’s...

Offline n8vmdpath

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2019, 06:51:33 PM »
I?d recommend thin full checkered or thin Matrix. I have bogies on 3 different pistols, but wouldn?t necessarily recommend that texture for carrying, I think the bogies are a little more aggressive than what you?re ideally looking for.
Bogies are very aggressive texture and I only use if when shooting with gloves.  I like the grenade texture which has a medium grip and comfortable to shoot with ungloved hands.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Offline Brhodes6

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 07:06:55 AM »
Grenade texture is awesome for carry and provide a good grip for defensive purpose.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Offline Goju

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2019, 09:19:40 AM »
Grenade texture is awesome for carry and provide a good grip for defensive purpose.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

I had a set of grenade panels and agree with what Brhodes6 said, but for me they just didn?t have enough texture so I got rid of them and moved on to something else. Texture is really a personal preference.

Offline Sango

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2019, 12:10:33 PM »
I like the way the grenades look, but have never held a set. On a standard grip, how thick/thin are they vs the stock rubbers?
I’ve got a few CZ’s...

Offline n8vmdpath

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2019, 12:49:57 PM »
I like the way the grenades look, but have never held a set. On a standard grip, how thick/thin are they vs the stock rubbers?
Standard grip are thinner than stock rubber grip. Palm swell is same thickness as factory rubber grip

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Offline BCC

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2019, 01:14:32 PM »
That's what I'm thinking....do you have the Full Checkered or 1st hand experience ???
Glock 19
Glock 43
Glock 43x

Offline Raven45

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2019, 03:52:23 PM »
I have thin Bogie grips on all my Shadow competition pistols and thin Matrix grips on my everyday carry Pro-Tek1 pistol.  Works very well for me.

Offline Dasashooter

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2019, 10:06:15 PM »
I typically carry with the equivalent of full checkered on sigs etc. Tried a razorback type one on a 1911 good for range use but probably a bit too much for carry. So I would say whatever their medium to medium aggressive grips in whatever style you like.

Offline Pashenkaz

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2019, 12:10:11 AM »
Read articles were published, broadcast to perfect it felt good to others as well.

Offline Matt101

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2019, 12:36:27 AM »
Why would you want less grip for defensive carry? Wouldn?t getting a good grip (and therefore hitting what you are aiming at) be even more important?

If I was allowed to carry (country problem) I would run Palmswell Bogies every day of the week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline BCC

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2019, 08:48:54 AM »
Why would you want less grip for defensive carry? Wouldn?t getting a good grip (and therefore hitting what you are aiming at) be even more important?

If I was allowed to carry (country problem) I would run Palmswell Bogies every day of the week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seriously ???? It's about ease of reaching the trigger !! The palm swells make it more difficult to get the correct finger placement for me....YMMV
Glock 19
Glock 43
Glock 43x

Offline Tanners Owner

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2019, 12:08:58 PM »

BCC- I?ve not had any issues with the LOK palm swell bogies. That said, I don?t carry IWB, only OWB, due to my body shape ( aka fat)  :D But as you allude to, we each have different hand sizes, so trigger reach can be an issue for some.

See below link- has pic of my P01 Omega with Lok Palmswell bogies and my PCR with cool hand palm swell grips- think the 4th post.

Good luck with your search & let us know which way you go

https://czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=102001.msg789515#msg789515
Like a midget at a urinal, I'll have to keep on my toes

Offline BCC

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2019, 02:02:57 PM »

BCC- I?ve not had any issues with the LOK palm swell bogies. That said, I don?t carry IWB, only OWB, due to my body shape ( aka fat)  :D But as you allude to, we each have different hand sizes, so trigger reach can be an issue for some.

See below link- has pic of my P01 Omega with Lok Palmswell bogies and my PCR with cool hand palm swell grips- think the 4th post.

Good luck with your search & let us know which way you go

https://czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=102001.msg789515#msg789515

Thanks TO....I've settled on the Thin Full Checkered...received them today however they sent the wrong ones !!!!!
The stock rubber feels great, but I have better finger placement with the Thin LOKS.....
Glock 19
Glock 43
Glock 43x