Author Topic: CZ likes TightGroup  (Read 1677 times)

Offline romex2121

CZ likes TightGroup
« on: January 29, 2019, 02:10:49 PM »
https://imgur.com/a/3Ehbpf4
Hope the picture was done correctly,,   went out with a new bullet (to me)  to try with tight group powder and was pleased with what i saw.. ,, yes im to the right a bit but im not sure if its me or if i need to move the rear site a hair or two i really think its the site this gun has always shot to the right,,  I Was able to catch 2 of the bullets by shooting into milk jugs full of water ,, bullet totally destroyed the first jug and ended up splitting the back of the third but bullets stayed inside ,,  i really didnt expect the lead and jacket to stay together with a bullet like this but as you can see they did,,  i dont own a chrony so i have no idea what the velocities are but they are shooting straight so far,,   ill be trying some Power pistol in a couple days to see how that goes.........
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 02:34:25 PM by romex2121 »

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
Re: CZ likes TightGroup
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 03:14:27 PM »
You've got some good groups there.

I bought a pound of Titegroup a few months back and still haven't really got to work with it yet.

Got some of the bullets from Everglades, too.  The 115's I used (some of them) and they do just as well in my pistol and carbine as the Precision Delta 115 grain hollow points.  I haven't gotten around to trying the 124's yet.  Got 500 of them sitting in a box (got Nosler 124's, too, but I was using them in the .357 SIG, not the 9MM).
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Rickytick

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 05:30:37 PM »
Looks great.

Offline czluvr

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 08:32:59 PM »
After seeing those groups I may have to revisit Titegroup. I ended up with about 16lb bought dirt cheap and never had that kind of groups. I loved the clean burning and the economy, but Power Pistol seemed to be the magic one for me.

Offline romex2121

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2019, 06:38:14 AM »
I have used Power Pistol with other bullets such as GoldDots and xtp's and had acceptable results,  im gonna try PP with the Everglades bullets i have and see how they do with it.....

Offline recoilguy

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2019, 09:38:54 AM »
After seeing those groups I may have to revisit Titegroup. I ended up with about 16lb bought dirt cheap and never had that kind of groups. I loved the clean burning and the economy, but Power Pistol seemed to be the magic one for me.

Interesting because Titegroup was the dirtiest hottest powder I ever used.
I was in a competition setting once and my fiber optic melted out fro the heat using TG.

I know it is inexpensive but its too dirty for me.

RCG
Its easy being a communist in a free country
What's hard is to be free in a communist country

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2019, 10:53:11 PM »
I use TG exclusively in my 9mm's.

Just sips the powder when using the heavier stuff.  1lb will load more than 2 full cases of bullets with around 3 gr charges.

3 grains? I have to use 6.5 grains of AA#7 in mine for training ammo, 8 for "SD" practice ammo. What velocity do you get with 3 grains, and is that for jacketed, plated or lead?
I might have to look into this stuff, Accurate Arms powders are sometimes difficult to find.

Offline DWARREN

• Old & Tired
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2019, 04:14:47 AM »
My CZ's likes Titegroup powder also. Also likes Longshot and CFE Pistol.
"1776" - Part II

anything