Author Topic: MY New CZ 97 B  (Read 2073 times)

Offline alskicz

MY New CZ 97 B
« on: January 31, 2019, 11:25:18 AM »
Hi everyone,

Well it seems I did not know how rare the 9B .45 is. Purchased the last one last week. It shoots great and is my
first 45. I also have a CZ 75 9MM.
Any tips on 97 B that would be useful, please pass along. Thx :)

Offline Boris_LA

Re: MY New CZ 97 B
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 02:20:08 PM »
Locktite the LCI right away. It tends to loosen up and get lost.

Offline alskicz

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 03:46:50 PM »
Hi Boris,

Thank you.

Offline midaltantic44

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 04:08:16 PM »
I got Lok palm swells - made a big difference compared to the slab sided grips it comes with. I'm installing the Cajun kit, tho the trigger out of the box was pretty good.The trigger bar was so smooth I didn't stone it - tho did that to the insides of the receiver, which were rougher. it is what everyone says, easier to shoot than a 1911, as in better grips, once replaced they fill the hand better, and less recoil. Sorry John B. Once the extra mags come will try it in steel. Also, was going to change sights but will be returning the Dawsons. It has a fiber optic sight which is quite good, I found.

Hmmm. anyone make palm swells for the 1911?

Offline daved20319

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2019, 06:28:18 PM »
Do NOT dry fire without either using snap caps or placing an oring between the firing pin and the hammer, or both.  The stock firing pin retaining pin is problematic in CZ's, most folks do one or both the above to protect it.  That and the trigger return spring are also the first parts replaced, and the sooner the better, better parts are available from CGW (Cajun Gun Works).  The triggers on CZ's get better with use, that process can be speeded up by polishing internals, lots of tutorials around.  CGW has lots of goodies for the CZ's, I installed a Pro Package in my 97 BD, it's now nothing short of amazing.  Grips have already been covered, mine had LOK bogies when I got it, too rough, the factory aluminum were too thin and smooth, I'm now running a set of factory rubber grips, and like them, although some LOK Palm Swells are probably not too far in the future.  Later.

Dave

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2019, 10:19:15 PM »
I got Lok palm swells - made a big difference compared to the slab sided grips it comes with. I'm installing the Cajun kit, tho the trigger out of the box was pretty good.The trigger bar was so smooth I didn't stone it - tho did that to the insides of the receiver, which were rougher. it is what everyone says, easier to shoot than a 1911, as in better grips, once replaced they fill the hand better, and less recoil. Sorry John B. Once the extra mags come will try it in steel. Also, was going to change sights but will be returning the Dawsons. It has a fiber optic sight which is quite good, I found.

Hmmm. anyone make palm swells for the 1911?
Hogue makes rubber palm swell grips for the 1911. I keep a set on hand for 1911's that pass through my safe from time to time.

Offline lewmed

• 135th & 240th AHC Vietnam 1967-1968
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2019, 10:59:32 PM »
 The 97's are over sprung like most CZ's but a few CGW springs will fix that

Offline dohc97

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2019, 08:18:23 PM »
Locktite the LCI right away. It tends to loosen up and get lost.

I have a new 97B on the way. I keep hearing about putting in some Loctite on the LCI. What is the LCI?

Offline BubbaLa

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2019, 09:20:39 PM »
loaded chamber indicator .located just behind the barrel on top of the slide.locktite on the small Allen bolt.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 12:43:34 PM by BubbaLa »
NRA CERTIFIED METALLIC CARTRIDGE RELOADING and PISTOL INSTRUCTOR

NRA SAFETY RANGE OFFICER

anything