Author Topic: 2nd IDPA PCC Match with my Scorpion  (Read 1895 times)

Offline Thunderstick

2nd IDPA PCC Match with my Scorpion
« on: January 31, 2019, 05:41:44 PM »
Here are a couple videos from a recent IDPA PCC match I shot with my new CZ Scorpion EVO 3S1.    I'm not perfect but scoring a lot more 0 downs that I did with a pistol.

Offline Joe L

Re: 2nd IDPA PCC Match with my Scorpion
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 08:31:47 AM »
That was fun to watch.  I've never seen an indoor match with a Scorpion before, so that was an education for me.
Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, MTR

Offline Rickytick

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 10:46:38 AM »
Impressive.

Offline oldfrank

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 02:21:01 PM »
Cool Video!

Until our local indoor range went belly up, we had a twice a month carbine match indoors.

It was mostly AR's but occassionaly a few AK-47's. Always some Scorpions, Sig MPX, AR9's and some exotic stuff.

They did tell me not to bring my MiA Socom 16" back ;D

Offline longgonedaddy

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2019, 07:56:10 PM »
That was fun to watch....good shooting!

Offline eastman

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2019, 09:55:35 PM »
Cool Video!

Until our local indoor range went belly up, we had a twice a month carbine match indoors.

It was mostly AR's but occassionaly a few AK-47's. Always some Scorpions, Sig MPX, AR9's and some exotic stuff.

They did tell me not to bring my MiA Socom 16" back ;D

they might have been ok with the Socom if you removed the muzzle brake first (effective, but very loud indoors)
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline adrian

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2019, 10:32:33 PM »
    Hiya, very cool video, Im afraid I woulda used 45 seconds just trying to get off the floor after the inches from deck shots you took. It took the cost of a tax stamp to run a vert grip on my Evo, but really helps handling. Are vertical grips allowed in your competitions?? Can you show or mention the camera equip you used? Thx and Be well.

Offline Thunderstick

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2019, 01:52:17 AM »
Here is a link to the IDPA rules for PCC.   Nothing in the rules to about a vertical grip.    The rules are pretty wide open really.      Everything from the Ruger PC9 carbine, AR platforms, and my Scorpion run.    Optics are open as are 30 round mags which would prevent the need to reload during the run.

As for the camera equipment, I run a GoPro Hero 7 attached to a GoPro head strap.   I run a free product called Video Pad Video Editor to edit the videos and add the on screen text.

https://www.idpa.com/wp-content/themes/idpa/assets/match-files/PCC_Rules.pdf

Offline Thunderstick

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2019, 02:06:20 PM »
The videos have been quite helpful to me.   In the first video above, the last scored target was "5" which is a 5 second penalty for missing the target.   I wondered how I could miss it with the PCC???    Duh!!!    The course of fire required 3 shots on each target and if you watch the video, I shot all targets 3 times except for one.    A miss or failure to shoot a target the required number of times results in the 5 second penalty.

Offline Thunderstick

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2019, 02:09:49 PM »
Cool Video!

I decided to get into IDPA competitions with at the range in the video a year ago.   Feb/March were busy travel months but as soon as I got back, I figured I'd go.   Once I got back, the gun store/range owner sold the place, which then closed and the club lost a home to shoot.   Fortunately, one of the competitors owned a couple LGSs in some other towns and decided to buy this one and re-open.   Since he is one of the competitors, he is very IDPA friendly

anything