Author Topic: What did I do wrong?!?  (Read 1362 times)

Offline Bryan72D

What did I do wrong?!?
« on: January 31, 2019, 07:31:47 PM »
I have a 2017 P-01 Omega Urban with probably 300 rounds through it, all from me.  It just has the safety and does have the Cajun Gun Works defensive package installed.   I have disassembled it a half dozen times or so after shooting, cleaned it and put it back together with zero issues.  The thing has been flawless.  After my last range trip I decided to put it in my ultrasonic cleaner.  I took the grips off and hung it in the cleaner for about twenty minutes and it came out looking great.  I put everything back together, did the usual function check and now it is a brick.  The safety will not engage when the pistol is cocked, the trigger still drops the hammer in DA and SA, but nothing is hitting the firing pin.  I did not disassemble the slide beyond removing the barrel and took nothing off the frame except the grips.  There were no parts that had fallen off in the cleaner and no indication anything fell off during disassembly or reassembly.

I did a search, but everything seems related to issues with the decocker.  What did I miss?  I set it aside for a week to keep me from getting angry and figured I'd try the forums before calling CZ.  Beyond this issue it's likely my favorite pistol.  I'm torn between it and my Shadow 2.  Both give up nothing to any Sig or HK I've owned.  I sold a SA 1911 TRP to get the Shadow 2!  My next 45 will probably be a CZ 97.  So I'm bought into CZ and want to get this thing back running.

Thanks,

Bryan

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
Re: What did I do wrong?!?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 08:28:57 PM »
It should only go on SAFE when the hammer is cocked.

I couldn't see a need to run it through an ultrasonic cleaner after only 300 rounds.  The bottom (frame) shouldn't be that dirty if you field strip it and wipe it out when you clean the barrel/inspect/lube everything.

When you say "disassembled" you mean just field stripping it, right?

Have you lubed the frame/parts up, let it sit a couple hours and then tried to move the safety?  Again, hammer cocked (be sure not to drop the hammer with the slide off).

You should be able to move the firing pin block upwards with your finger tip, or a pen, when you have the slide off of it.

I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Bryan72D

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 09:09:41 PM »
That's the problem, the safety doesn't work when it's cocked.  It moves just fine with the hammer down.  The hammer is apparently not hitting the firing pin when it drops either. 

Yes, I meant "field stripping".

It went into the ultrasonic cleaner because I was running a few filthy .22's through it and figured I'd dunk the p-01 while I was putting them back together to save some cleaning time.  I also learned that Dawson sights lose their paint off the edges in an ultrasonic cleaner.  Tritium tubes held up beautifully, no issues there at all.  It doesn't have the factory suppressor height sights on it right now, no clue how they'd hold up.  I've never had that happen with Trijicon or Meprolight sights.  A bit annoying, but an easy fix.

It's adequately lubed and sat for just over a week.  It's not a friction problem.  I purposely have avoided forcing anything.

I don't have another pistol to compare against.  Is the firing pin block stop supposed to be flush, or indented about 1/8"?  It does push up and down with smooth resistance and I can tell it's held in with what feels like a spring.  The firing pin pushes in acceptably, or at least feels like every other hammer fired firing pin.

Thanks,

Bryan

Offline CzechnoWizard

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 09:42:48 PM »
Kind of sounds like slide not going fully into battery.

Otherwise,look at the frame and see if the fpb lifter may be wedged up or a pin walked out?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2019, 06:54:29 AM »
The Omega pistol safety (left side) has a spring and small piece of plastic that cause the safety to hold in position and that's what you hear making the clicking noise you hear when moving the safety.

Have you removed the safety (left side) to see what condition that plastic piece and spring is in?

You might end up tearing it down completely to find out if something has worked it's way into the action and bound stuff up.  There are some good youtube videos on how to take an Omega apart.  I've not taken the P01's apart but I've had the P09 and P07 pistols apart (also the Omega design) and they're not hard/difficult to get apart, inspect, lube and put back together.

I've got two of the P01 Omegas and have not had this problem.  I'd be curious, when you get it figured out, what caused it, just in case one of mine would every do the same thing.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Bryan72D

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2019, 10:35:56 AM »
I'll check that out today.  I can see how the cleaner might have dislodged or otherwise damaged the plastic.

Thanks,

Bryan

Offline bang bang

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2019, 01:00:24 PM »
unless you total stripped it and put it into the USB, you may want to quit doing that.

USB are nice, but what they can ALSO do is to work small particles into areas you cant reach.

Offline Bryan72D

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2019, 07:52:56 PM »
I think the plastic piece that's on the safety was slightly out of place and might have been dislodged while hanging upside down in the cleaner.  The safety always functioned properly, but didn't seem super positive.  It has has Cajun Gun Works guts and I"m thinking it might have been in the groove wrong or something when it was put back together.  My only previous complaint was that the safety felt mushy.  It worked and was positive, but didn't snick in and out of position.  Once I took everything apart and put it back together the pistol and safety are working great and feels better than ever.  Now it definitely clicks in and out of place and functions just fine.

It even spurred me into installing the extended safety on my Shadow 2!  It feels better and works great too!  Good gun day.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Bryan

Offline aussie57

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2019, 06:33:52 AM »
I would recommend NOT using an ultrasonic cleaner as there is absolutely no need for it. I have thousands of rounds through my CZ's. When I want to clean I just spray the works in lower frame with ballistol and blow it out with compressed air. I have a RAMI with over 4K rounds through it and I have completely detail stripped it once to replace springs, check parts for wear, replace with solid pins and clean the extractor and clean firing pin channel out. I firmly believe people do more damage to guns by trying to over clean them.