Author Topic: Rami 9mm going into slide lock before mag empty  (Read 223 times)

Offline Chiche60

Rami 9mm going into slide lock before mag empty
« on: February 02, 2019, 04:17:29 PM »
About 3rd or 4th shot fired, the slide lock will engage and the slide is locked back before the mag is empty. I have the replaced mag springs and recoil spring. I have made sure the rounds are not contacting the lever. It appears the barrel lug is camming on the pin and forcing the lever to engage the slide. Polishing all surfaces did not help. Bending the slide release lever spring worked for a few shots then back to the issue. Lubing the pin works for a while. This never happens on my 75. It appears the slot on the barrel is too drastic. Ideas ?

Offline mecenas

Re: Rami 9mm going into slide lock before mag empty
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 04:49:22 PM »
Send it back to CZ. They will most certainly take care of that, particularly, if something is out of specs or out of tolerances.

Best of luck. This is really a great pistol, but sometimes, like with everything mechanical, things do not go the right way.

Online MeatAxe

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2019, 06:46:22 PM »
About 3rd or 4th shot fired, the slide lock will engage and the slide is locked back before the mag is empty. I have the replaced mag springs and recoil spring. I have made sure the rounds are not contacting the lever. It appears the barrel lug is camming on the pin and forcing the lever to engage the slide. Polishing all surfaces did not help. Bending the slide release lever spring worked for a few shots then back to the issue. Lubing the pin works for a while. This never happens on my 75. It appears the slot on the barrel is too drastic. Ideas ?

Could it be your grip? Your thumb inadvertently pushing up the slide lock while shooting?

Offline Grendel

• Administrator
  • 'Live long, and Prosper'
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2019, 07:17:02 PM »
One thread only please.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges - Tacitus

Inter arma enim silent leges - Cicero

I wasn't born in America, but I got here as fast as I could.