Author Topic: SP01 Magazine release removal  (Read 344 times)

Offline rhorn67

SP01 Magazine release removal
« on: February 02, 2019, 09:22:51 PM »
Hi all - I will be replacing the magazine release on my SP01. The magazine release spring screw is staked. I was expecting it to be staked and thus difficult to break loose.

The challenge I am having is the trigger bar is partly in the way which will not allow me to get my flat head fully engaged onto the screw.  It is also at an angle towards the trigger bar. I have watched a few videos and I could swear the angle of their screw driver is straight down. Am I missing something on moving the trigger bar out of the way?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Matt101

Re: SP01 Magazine release removal
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 11:08:37 PM »
Take the trigger bar out. Put frame in a vice. Get a flat head screw driver that?s a good fit to the slot in the screw. Push down hard and twist slowly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline The Guardian

• CZ dreamin'... zzzzzzz..... don't wake me
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 02:37:13 PM »
A slightly less work intensive step would be to remove the trigger retaining pin, that will allow the transfer bar to be lifted up higher and the screw to be backed out.....removing the bar entirely includes this step as well as taking out the sear cage, sear pin, safety lever etc.....

Trying to recall also if possibly just pulling the trigger slightly might move the bar enough to back the screw out......I?d have the check one of my CZ?s to be sure  ???
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 02:44:54 PM by The Guardian »
“I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."  John Wayne as J.B Books in "The Shootist" 1976

Offline rhorn67

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2019, 02:46:27 PM »
I thought maybe the sear cage would need to be removed to pull the trigger bar all the way out. I will remove the trigger pin and will if that gives me a bit more bite on the screw.

Offline Matt101

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2019, 03:07:38 PM »
IMO if you are changing the mag release it should be no problem (and no real extra time) to remove the trigger bar and sear cage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline rhorn67

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2019, 03:35:54 PM »
If I have to remove the sear cage so be it but worth a try without the extra steps. I've installed a CGW package on my P01 but am certainly an amateur at this so the less I have to pull apart the better.

Thanks for the suggestions! I will update the thread once complete.

Offline rhorn67

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2019, 05:07:38 PM »
Success! With the trigger bar up it allowed additional bite on the screw and I was able to break it free.

Thanks for the suggestions and help, it is much appreciated!

Ron

anything