Author Topic: SP01,, need advice plz...  (Read 2475 times)

Offline romex2121

SP01,, need advice plz...
« on: February 05, 2019, 10:21:09 AM »
Heres the deal,  as some of my recent post say im going to buy a SP01 ,, my lgs has the SP01 tacticle suppressor ready in urban grey and after holding it and pulling the trigger im in love the da/sa is so much nicer than my 75 compact ( way better)  but i dont really need the suppressor set up or the color and the price is kinda high compared to some online places ,, infact i could save about $100.00 ordering a plane black SPO1 tact. ,,  whats driving me crazy is worring if the orderd SP01 is gonna feel as nice and smooth  as the one at the shop or will i end up with a trigger like the 75 compact  ??  if thats the case ill spend the extra $$ ,, As far as i know the one at the shop is stock and does have the OEM hammer and springs and at $680.00 i highly doubt its had any work done to it  (but man it was nice) ,,  having never felt any other SP01's i have no way of knowing if thats the way they feel out of the box or not (shop had no others)  having a higher price point they have to be better than a OEM 75 compact right  ?? .... Have to make a decision soon or im gonna end up in the crazy house   :o

Offline Raining_Brass

Re: SP01,, need advice plz...
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 11:12:05 AM »
In the grand scheme of things....what's $100?

At the same time if you aren't happy, a few dollars worth of CGW springs can get rid of a harsh DA.

Offline Tok36

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 11:14:59 AM »
I have found factory CZ 75 variant triggers to be luck of the draw. There dose seam to be some improvement on the odds with more recently manufactured CZs. I have also found that 500-1000 dry fire cycles or live rounds can smooth out a factory CZ trigger significantly.

It may depend on your definition of "better trigger". What part of the trigger pull do you prefer?
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline romex2121

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 02:23:29 PM »
Called the shop to get the ok to have Oak Hills ship there and owner asked why i dont buy from him so i told him oak hills was selling the same gun for a total of $655.00 that includes shipping and the 20 dollars for ffl to do paperwork  and yours is $680.00 + tax for a total of $731.00 he said ill call you back,,   
He called back and said its yours for $660.00 out the door , told him to box it up ill be there after work,,   i guess the insanity is over for now  😂😂😂

Offline motorcyclist

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2019, 05:09:24 PM »
I have bought enough CZ's to realize the trigger is a crap shoot and even the good ones can be better. They're worth a little time and money for a great trigger though.

Offline Vinny

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2019, 05:55:51 PM »
Congrats!
I really think you did the right thing. Now you'll have no regrets!

Send us some pics and a range report!   -Vinny
"Fear is a reaction, Courage is a decision"
"Carpe Diem"

Offline Tanners Owner

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2019, 01:00:43 PM »
Called the shop to get the ok to have Oak Hills ship there and owner asked why i dont buy from him so i told him oak hills was selling the same gun for a total of $655.00 that includes shipping and the 20 dollars for ffl to do paperwork  and yours is $680.00 + tax for a total of $731.00 he said ill call you back,,   
He called back and said its yours for $660.00 out the door , told him to box it up ill be there after work,,   i guess the insanity is over for now  😂😂😂

Congrats- good to hear the LGS was willing to work with you for your business.

I have a SP01T. Love it

Agree with other posts, trigger smoothness can be the luck of the draw on OOTB CZs.  Good luck
Like a midget at a urinal, I'll have to keep on my toes

Offline ahistick

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2019, 03:51:40 PM »
Its outstanding that the your LGS worked with you on the pricing; while many online retailers have better prices, an LGS will usually have better customer service...or at the minimum, you are dealing with a person face-to-face rather than via phone or thru a keyboard!

Enjoy your CZ!

Offline MilSpec

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2019, 10:12:44 PM »
That worked out very nicely for you! Good price and you supported your local small business ? win-win! Let us know how it shoots.

Offline adrian

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2019, 10:50:07 PM »
  Hiya and glad you found it and saved a franklin. I didn't know which "OEM 75 compact" has the less than stellar trigger,so what OEM ? I've heard it referred to springs before. And if you liked the trigger in the store , make a mental note about the trigger then first few weeks and compare after its broken-in. Be well.

Offline romex2121

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2019, 11:32:48 AM »
  Hiya and glad you found it and saved a franklin. I didn't know which "OEM 75 compact" has the less than stellar trigger,so what OEM ? I've heard it referred to springs before. And if you liked the trigger in the store , make a mental note about the trigger then first few weeks and compare after its broken-in. Be well.
Was the 91190 75 compact,  not terrible but not all that great but theres plans to place an order with Cajun for some goodies,,,    as far as the SP01 tacticle im very happy with it however the trigger is not as great as i remembered  it to be but its still a nice gun,  the one thing im not happy about is the cerakote ( urban grey)   that was sprayed on the rails both slide and frame had the paint on them and there was a couple spots that had high areas where the slide was rubbing on the paint,,  i spent all day yesterday getting it off and polishing the rails , slide is smoooth now but it took some time to get the cerakote off ,,
Haven't shot it yet due to hi winds  but will in the next few days ,,  hopefully ....

Offline ttrashman1

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2019, 04:45:14 PM »
Three words- polish,polish, polish. If you still want better then upgrade

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

cz75 sp01 Tactical 9mm
Springfield Range Officer 9mm
Sig 938

Offline CZ4Me!

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2019, 07:47:33 PM »
With the Suppressor ready you get Tritium raised sights (+50-80$ upgrade), Threaded barrel (+180 upgrade)  over the normal Black Tactical version. Thats $250 more extras for a price difference of $60-$100 bucks depending on who you buy from.

You did great and won't regret this purchase! Check the thread protector OFTEN!!

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2019, 08:25:03 PM »
You can install a cheap o-ring on the barrel a couple threads from where they end, then screw the thread protector on it so that it squeezes onto/over the o-ring.  It'll hold that thread protector in place sort of like a lock washer.

I put them on both mine a couple years ago and neither has tried to work loose.

Darn, just tried to find that little container of them I bought at Lowes and can't find'em.  Sorry.  I don't know the size off the top of my head.  I do know that there are different diameters.  What I mean is the diameter of the material.  You can't get some that will fit around the barrel just fine but the thread protector won't really slip over the outside of them to lock it in place.  It'll screw up against the o-ring but it's better if it screws sort of up/over the outside of the o-ring.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline romex2121

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2019, 01:46:04 PM »
Your not kidding about the thread protector , just racking the slide loosens it up. I thought i had it on there pretty tight but no. I had to take it off while shooting,,  the good news is this thing is a shooter i was impressed at the accuracy out of the box makes me look good at the range ,, ive since polished the rails and everything i could get to without taking it apart but have plans on a kit after i get my compact done. Compact is completely tore down for polish and waiting on kit to come in ....