Author Topic: Recommended extra parts  (Read 174 times)

Offline Funky_Monkey

Recommended extra parts
« on: February 06, 2019, 08:22:15 AM »
I am new to the CZ platform and needed some help on extra parts to buy "just if".  I know I will probably never out shot the pistol.  I don't know if things like extractors, trigger return spring or a slide release would be good or needed to have in the parts bin for a casual shooter.  I am the second owner and it came with the Cajun Ultra Lite kit and I have those original parts tucked away.  Any suggestions are appreciated!   :)
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - George Orwell

Offline CzechnoWizard

Re: Recommended extra parts
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 08:24:30 AM »
Slide stop, maybe. I have many thousands of rounds thru 6 czs and never needed a single spare part

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline BCC

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 08:50:48 AM »
Cajun Gun Works
Glock 19
Glock 43
CZ P01 Omega

Offline TNman

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 09:16:28 AM »
I have changed out parts of my various CZs only because I considered the change to be an upgrade. I have never worn out a part. That said, the one item I automatically change is the floating trigger pin offered by Cajun Gun Works. Much more durable than the factory OEM part and you only need to buy it once no matter how often you remove it. Unless you are planning on customizing your CZ, the trigger pin is all I would suggest for a stock pistol. If you do plan to "self-upgrade" your CZ then consider having extra tiny springs so when you lose one you have a backup. Most are under $5. I speak from experience.
IDPA   |   USPSA  |   NRA

CZ PCR   |   RAMI BD   |   Shadow 2   |   P-10 C   |   CZ 75B Omega

Sig P320 C & F
Sig P226 Legion
Sig P320 X-Carry
Springfield XDS Mod 2 45

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2019, 10:40:57 AM »
Buy and replace the trigger return spring, the firing pin retaining pin with CGW reduced power versions.  Keep the old parts as spares.

If you order, order some other small parts like springs, pins, etc. to make the shipping worth it.

I've not yet broken a CZ, so I can't tell you what parts are likely to break (other than the parts mentioned in the first sentence.)  Mine didn't break, I replaced them because others have had issues with them.
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

Offline Epguy80

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2019, 11:32:24 PM »
I only buy CZ 75 Compacts (P-01's and a P-06) both safety and decocker models in 9 and 40. All the parts are interchangeable. I have plenty of spare parts just in case, they just happen to be in fully functioning pistols. Other than that, recoil springs.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

anything