Author Topic: PCR vs P 01  (Read 1809 times)

Offline dsierra

• Those who can make you believe absurdities can mak
PCR vs P 01
« on: February 03, 2019, 05:40:41 PM »
OK...not crazy about my 75 Compact due to trigger reach in DA.  Checked out a P 01 Omega briefly and the reach  seemed shorter and the gun felt better in my hand.  Not crazy about the looks though.  No PCR available to check out.  So , my question is:  is the trigger reach in DA the same in both the PCR and P 01?  Thanks for any input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CZ 85 Combat
CZ 75 Compact
CZ RAMI BD
BROWING HI POWER
FN HI POWER
FM HI POWER
BABY BROWNING
Sig P230SL
Sig P230 .32
Sig 232 Tu Tone
Polish P-64 (9x18)
S&W Model 15
Seecamps (.25 & .32)

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.  -Voltaire

Offline BCC

Re: PCR vs P 01
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 06:43:24 PM »
Not sure about the P01 Omega, but there is a reach reduction kit for the PCR .
Glock 19
Glock 43
Glock 43x

The Guardian

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 09:11:54 PM »
The trigger reach on all the compacts are pretty similar.  That said I put the Reach Reduction Kit (RRK) on all of my CZ?s....just a better trigger profile and trigger position adjustability for my liking. Regardless of what model compact you prefer the RRK would be advisable.  :)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 11:03:06 PM by The Guardian »

Offline Tok36

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2019, 09:56:18 PM »
OK...not crazy about my 75 Compact due to trigger reach in DA.  Checked out a P 01 Omega briefly and the reach  seemed shorter and the gun felt better in my hand.  Not crazy about the looks though.  No PCR available to check out.  So , my question is:  is the trigger reach in DA the same in both the PCR and P 01?  Thanks for any input.

The trigger reach should be about the same. The P-01's factory black recurve trigger provides a slightly shorter reach than the PCR's shallower factory serrated trigger. A small difference at best.

As suggested above the CGW RRK is the way to go for DA reach reduction.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline KME

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2019, 12:06:16 AM »
...So, my question is:  is the trigger reach in DA the same in both the PCR and P 01?  Thanks for any input.

I think the trigger reach on the PCR and P-01 are very close. I have medium/small hands so I have Cajun Gun Works (CGW) Reach Reduction Kits (RRK)on all of my CZs. If the stock trigger is a bit of a stretch for you you owe it to yourself to try the RRK.

Offline BCC

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2019, 06:27:17 AM »
Is there a RRK for the P01 Omega ??
Glock 19
Glock 43
Glock 43x

The Guardian

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2019, 11:33:51 AM »

No RRK for the Omega?s...... :(

Offline BCC

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2019, 11:38:35 AM »

No RRK for the Omega?s...... :(
Didn't think so.....thankyou sir
Glock 19
Glock 43
Glock 43x

Offline dsierra

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2019, 12:35:36 PM »
The trigger reach on all the compacts are pretty similar.  That said I put the Reach Reduction Kit (RRK) on all of my CZ?s....just a better trigger profile and trigger position adjustability for my liking. Regardless of what model compact you prefer the RRK would be advisable.  :)
My 75 Compact trigger reach seemed considerably longer than that of the P 01 Omega.  If the PCR and P 01 are the same, I?m going to look for a PCR and sell or trade the 75 Compact.  That?s what I?m trying to determine.

CZ 85 Combat
CZ 75 Compact
CZ RAMI BD
BROWING HI POWER
FN HI POWER
FM HI POWER
BABY BROWNING
Sig P230SL
Sig P230 .32
Sig 232 Tu Tone
Polish P-64 (9x18)
S&W Model 15
Seecamps (.25 & .32)

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.  -Voltaire

The Guardian

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2019, 01:26:55 PM »
My 75 Compact trigger reach seemed considerably longer than that of the P 01 Omega.  If the PCR and P 01 are the same, I?m going to look for a PCR and sell or trade the 75 Compact.  That?s what I?m trying to determine.

They are funtionally/internally the exact same gun.....they do have some external differences; accessory rail on the P01 is the main difference....some lesser differences are the PCR has the standard length slide release lever though if preferred a P01 extended slide release can easily be swapped out.... the PCR has a loaded chamber indicator on the top of the slide......PCR also has a proprietary/unique rear sight cut that sits slightly below the top of the frame and somewhat limits aftermarket sight options compared to the standard 75 sight configuration on the P01....... hope this helps  :)

Offline dsierra

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2019, 01:41:58 PM »

They are funtionally/internally the exact same gun.....they do have some external differences; accessory rail on the P01 is the main difference....some lesser differences are the PCR has the standard length slide release lever though if preferred a P01 extended slide release can easily be swapped out.... the PCR has a loaded chamber indicator on the top of the slide......PCR also has a proprietary/unique rear sight cut that sits slightly below the top of the frame and somewhat limits aftermarket sight options compared to the standard 75 sight configuration on the P01....... hope this helps  :)
Yes, it helps.  Thanks and thanks to all who replied.

CZ 85 Combat
CZ 75 Compact
CZ RAMI BD
BROWING HI POWER
FN HI POWER
FM HI POWER
BABY BROWNING
Sig P230SL
Sig P230 .32
Sig 232 Tu Tone
Polish P-64 (9x18)
S&W Model 15
Seecamps (.25 & .32)

Offline Sk2088

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2019, 10:38:12 PM »
Things P-01 has that PCR doesn't:
- Light rail
- Regular sights
- Small recessed area around the slide stop pin to cut down on the button bulging
- "recurve" trigger
- Rubber magazine floor pads
- NATO stamp and Czech Police testing
- Full dust shield
- Forward slant slide serrations on front, vertical slide serrations on rear

Things PCR has that the P-01 doesn't:
- Loaded chamber indicator
- No recessed area for slide stop button
- Silver serrated trigger
- Snag-free pseudo-Novak style sights with machined area on slide to fit rear sight (will become noticeable with aftermarket sights)
- Lighter weight
- Easier concealability
- Forward slant slide serrations on front and rear