Author Topic: How much difference in "feel", Tactical vs. Phantom?  (Read 1387 times)

Offline daved20319

How much difference in "feel", Tactical vs. Phantom?
« on: February 06, 2019, 11:23:16 AM »
Want a full size 9, I like the weight and heft of my 97 BD, and have been thinking an SP-01 Tactical should feel pretty similar.  I know the Phantom is a fair bit lighter, but I've also heard it said that it's a very soft shooter.  Primary use would be mostly range toy, with HD a possibility as well.  Probably wouldn't be carried much, it at all, if I decide to carry a full size gun, it'll probably be my Sig P220R.  I've gone back and forth between these two, so what do you guys see as the pros and cons of the Tactical vs. Phantom debate?  Thanks.

Dave

Offline badwrench

Re: How much difference in "feel", Tactical vs. Phantom?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 11:49:54 AM »
I've only handled a Phantom a couple of times, and it felt noticably lighter to me, than my SP01Tac. If you're looking for weight, something more in line with your 97, then the SP01 Tac would be your huckleberry, I guess if it's going to be used as a range toy, then I don't think it matters, flip a coin, you're a winner either way.. I've not had a chance to shoot a Phantom, but I know my Tac, is a very accurate pistol, the Shadowline SP01 I just picked up a couple days ago (and I haven't shot it yet) came with a test target shot at 25meters with 5 rounds in a 51.8mm group..that's just over 2 inches!!! 

Offline christak

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 03:52:49 PM »
I don't have an all steel SP-01, but do have a Phantom and two 75Bs. The Phantom is every bit as soft a shooter as my 75Bs. Don't think you can lose no matter which way you go, but I love my Phantom for what that's worth...and I saw one available from Hinterland for $430 NIB yesterday.
Edit: It's  $448.75 now...

Offline badwrench

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 04:33:25 PM »
I don't have an all steel SP-01, but do have a Phantom and two 75Bs. The Phantom is every bit as soft a shooter as my 75Bs. Don't think you can lose no matter which way you go, but I love my Phantom for what that's worth...and I saw one available from Hinterland for $430 NIB yesterday.

That's alot of handgun for not alot of money..

Offline christak

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2019, 06:42:12 PM »

That's alot of handgun for not alot of money..

$125 less than I paid for mine... Great gun! ...the most accurate of my 5 CZs...and that is saying something!

Offline puddintame

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2019, 04:30:16 PM »
I own/owned both at some point. both are equal in terms of accuracy. cant go wrong either way. I use my CZC phantom for range and HD. very limited grip options for the phantom though

Offline Indy_Tim

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2019, 04:48:02 PM »
I currently have both and would say that it?s a toss up as to which is the better shooter.  The Tac is a solid, heavy gun that absorbs recoil through that heavy steel frame.  The Phantom is much lighter but with the poly frame, does not shoot like a light gun.  Both of mine are stock and I?ve decided to let one go while doing the full Cajun Pro package on the other.  I just don?t know which should move on and which should not.  I do like shooting the Phantom better but the SP01 Tactical is more accurate.  That can be fixed with a 10X bushing though most likely.

Both are great and either will make a great range gun.  With the prices of the Phantoms being down lately, that would make them tough to pass on.

Offline warbird1

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2019, 09:34:07 PM »
I have both the Phantom and the Tactical among many others. Outstanding firearms that are staying put.

anything