Author Topic: ACTION SCREWS TOO SHORT FOR BOYDS STOCK, CZ455  (Read 2376 times)

Offline oldschoolhdmike

ACTION SCREWS TOO SHORT FOR BOYDS STOCK, CZ455
« on: February 06, 2019, 07:36:41 PM »
So i bought a boyds at one thumbhole for me cz455.  The action screws are too short.  I can not find any longer anywhere.  Went to fastenal today and got 6x1 x 30mm and 6x1 x 35mm.  the 35mm was the longest they had and it wont reach (in the rear).   Also, the head of the screw is a little bigger than the cz ones so it doesnt fit flush in the stock like it should.  Any insight would be great. 

Offline ZanderMan

« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 08:06:42 PM by ZanderMan »
Used to own a CZ Jawa...

Offline oldschoolhdmike

Re: ACTION SCREWS TOO SHORT FOR BOYDS STOCK, CZ455
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 08:10:20 PM »
both of those have the wrong bolt head.  But i will look on there.  I have looked on amazon and found them too now.  I think i will just get a pack on 50mm to be safe and cut them down.

Offline ZanderMan

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 08:14:31 PM »
both of those have the wrong bolt head.  But i will look on there.  I have looked on amazon and found them too now.  I think i will just get a pack on 50mm to be safe and cut them down.
What type of bolt head do you need?

Pic?
Used to own a CZ Jawa...

Offline oldschoolhdmike

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2019, 08:21:04 PM »
https://www.ebay.com/itm/M6-1-00-Stainless-Steel-Flat-Head-Socket-Caps-Screws-DIN-7991-A2-Allen-Hex/112481535700?hash=item1a306c06d4:m:mh9GBhliHjR39nbc4W5jTqA:rk:8:pf:0

this is what is comes with, but black.  and trigger guard is recessed for a flat head bolt like this.  other bolts would work but i am picky

Offline ZanderMan

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2019, 09:34:13 PM »
https://www.ebay.com/itm/M6-1-00-Stainless-Steel-Flat-Head-Socket-Caps-Screws-DIN-7991-A2-Allen-Hex/112481535700?hash=item1a306c06d4:m:mh9GBhliHjR39nbc4W5jTqA:rk:8:pf:0

this is what is comes with, but black.  and trigger guard is recessed for a flat head bolt like this.  other bolts would work but i am picky
Stainless is probably better, and you could black out the head if you need to.
Used to own a CZ Jawa...

Offline david s

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2019, 11:55:57 PM »
I made a set of action screws for a CZ 455 Full Stock out of some metric hex drive screws I bought at the local ACE hardware store. As you mention the screw head is just a touch to large in diameter. All I did was chuck them in a drill press and touch them with a file. I didn't have to remove even a 1/16 of an inch. More like a 1/32 inch. This squared them up nicely and they fit the trigger guard well. The one screw had to be shortened to fit properly. I dont know if the hex drive screws offer any more variation in length than the slotted offerings but if nothing else you might take a look. I just remembered that the screws had some markings on the head. The markings were removed by placing a firm piece of rubber (a belt sander eraser) under the screw when it was in the drill press and using a piece of sand paper with a drop of oil to polish the screw face. I had them reblued with some other stuff. Ace also had stainless metric hex head screws. This would save the hassle of rebluing. They offer the screw individually in the little sliding drawers for about .80 or .90 cents each.

anything