Author Topic: Hollow points in CZ 75?  (Read 3826 times)

Offline Metal Wonder Nine Guy

Hollow points in CZ 75?
« on: February 06, 2019, 09:59:58 PM »
Since I am getting a 75B soon and I'm still new to the 75 platform, I have to ask- do CZ 75's feed hollow points well? Or do you have to polish the feed ramp on the barrel in order to get the rounds to feed?

Sorry for a question that's probably easy to guess the answer to. As a guy whose first handgun was a Beretta 92FS, there wasn't really much of a feed ramp to worry about. (I'm sure that's a topic that is debatable). So that's why I am curious.

Thanks folks!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 10:51:11 PM by Metal Wonder Nine Guy »

Offline ZanderMan

Re: Hollow points in CZ 75?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 10:23:41 PM »
No worries, mate. Feeds HP?s just fine.

Now, a 92S... not so much.

Used to own a CZ Jawa...

Offline painter

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 10:25:24 PM »
CZ's don't have any problem feeding most hollow points. Some hollow points have a bullet shape that doesn't play nicely with the short leade. If you look through some threads, or do a search, you can likely find out which ones do and don't. Someone else with a better memory that I will likely be along and have the answer on the tip of their tongue.

I do know Gold Dots will feed, and chamber flawlessly due to the fact that the shape, minus the hollow point, mimics a RN bullet.
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline adrian

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 11:05:36 PM »
    Hiya, I concur with above operators that HP shall feed fine in your 75b. I'd stick with brass case and avoid steel cases ammo as its been know to have some hiccups getting out of a mag. enjoy it when it arrives,cheers.

Offline Wobbly

• Administrator
  • Loves the smell of VihtaVuori in the morning !
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 08:02:50 AM »
? The one and only HP that I would steer clear of is the Berry Mfg 124gr target HP. Not that it's given me feed issues in the CZ, but that it's their least accurate product and will have feed issues in a 1911.

https://www.berrysmfg.com/item/bp-9mm-356-124gr-thp

? Conical hollow points with a sharp shoulder, like the Hornady XTP and HAP, may need to be loaded to special OALs in order to chamber, but they feed well.
In God we trust; On 'Starting Load' we rely.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2019, 08:08:43 AM »
The only ones I've used so far are:
Precision Delta 115 and 124.
Zero Bullets 115
Nosler Bullets 124 (and 135's in .40 S&W)
Berry's Bullets in 124
Rainier Bullets in 124 and 147

No feed issues in several CZ's except for the Urban Gray P01 9MM.  It has a small rough area on the feed ramp.  I polished the feed ramp to a nice mirror finish and haven't had that nose to the feed ramp jam since.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline recoilguy

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2019, 04:49:44 PM »
I load and shoot literally 1000's and 1000's of HP bullets.
I use PD124 JHP and Xtreme 124 plated HP's both without issue and both I have shot over 10,000 of each through my CZ's.

I load them to 1.114 OAL and that work awesomely in all of the CZ's and Sigs that I own.

I have polished the feed ramp on one or two of my guns but not because I needed to I was cleaning them and I thought hey I got the stuff to polish the ramps, I have the time and it surely won't hurt anything so I did it. Did my Kahr's then too it was noticeable on the Kahr's nice little guns Kahrs.

RCG
Its easy being a communist in a free country
What's hard is to be free in a communist country

Offline lefty556

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2019, 05:04:40 PM »
I've yet to find a bullet shape that my 75B won't eat. 

The best groups I've ever shot with my 75B were with 124gr Remington Golden Sabers (the original design - I haven't tried the newer design) and Hodgdon Titegroup.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2019, 04:54:38 AM »
The only one I have had nothing but trouble with was the Berry's 124 gr Target Hollow Point. The sharp ogive was so wide that I had to load it down to 1.02 to get it to fit. The only firearm I could get it to feed reliably in was the Scorpion. However, I did get quite decent accuracy with this horrible feeder.
The sharp ogive bullets like the XTP, (one of my favorites), I load to 1.095 with excellent results. The traditional JHP, like the generic 115gr Remington's I used for years I could load out to max COAL with no issue in every CZ pistol I tried them in.

Offline Wobbly

• Administrator
  • Loves the smell of VihtaVuori in the morning !
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2019, 12:25:12 PM »
? The one and only HP that I would steer clear of is the Berry Mfg 124gr target HP. Not that it's given me feed issues in the CZ, but that it's their least accurate product and will have feed issues in a 1911.

https://www.berrysmfg.com/item/bp-9mm-356-124gr-thp

The only one I have had nothing but trouble with was the Berry's 124 gr Target Hollow Point. The sharp ogive was so wide that I had to load it down to 1.02 to get it to fit.

A-Man, I'm glad to see we agree.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 12:31:28 PM by Wobbly »
In God we trust; On 'Starting Load' we rely.

Offline CrazyDave

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2019, 09:47:54 PM »
Find something it doesn't feed.   8) ;)

anything