Author Topic: How to know the manufacture date?  (Read 1304 times)

Offline MarcosC

How to know the manufacture date?
« on: February 15, 2019, 07:39:32 AM »
Hi Guys, I tried to search the forum for this but had no luck. I found some old entrys but I think they might not apply to 2019. Given the serial number of the pistol (a P09 in my case) is there a way to know the manufacture date? Or is it the date that is printed on the shooting page they ship with the gun?

Thanks again!!

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

Re: How to know the manufacture date?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 08:50:52 AM »
The year of manufacture is roll marked on the right side of the slide.

Offline Dan-O

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2019, 06:04:48 PM »
It?s on the barrel too, if I remember correctly.

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2019, 06:38:46 PM »
It?s on the barrel too, if I remember correctly.
Serial number not year.

Offline MarcosC

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2019, 08:51:34 AM »

Thanks! I found it. It says 14 has a symbol and then the serial #. So 2014 would be the year, it is the same one that says the shooting testing on the piece of paper they give you showing the accuracy. The fact that the gun I just bought new out of the box at a gun store is 5 years old....would it affect something?

Offline @mindset_1st

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2019, 09:26:40 AM »

Thanks! I found it. It says 14 has a symbol and then the serial #. So 2014 would be the year, it is the same one that says the shooting testing on the piece of paper they give you showing the accuracy. The fact that the gun I just bought new out of the box at a gun store is 5 years old....would it affect something?

No issues, mine is 14 and shoot more than most

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2019, 07:18:44 PM »

I'd just hang on to your purchase receipt for a period just in case you'd have a warranty issue. Really not that uncommon to find new guns that are years old. I recently looked at a Sig P227 SAS that was 4 years old yet was brand new and had gotten stashed behind other stock in the shop.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2019, 09:24:28 PM »
Important note - the P-10S my wife received is NOT marked with the serial, proof or year of manufacture on the slide or the barrel. Doesn't change the awesomeness of the little thing, but it does look odd to someone who is used to those markings.

Offline adrian

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2019, 09:56:52 PM »
     Hiya Marcos and thx for your thread. FYI unfortunately speaking post robbery experience. If you can leave your sales receipt separate ,with other stuff car title etc. Off chance its stolen and you tucked it with the test target and case and gun stolen,it will be a slight pain. Stores may change their way of storing and they can lose em. I'd take a pic, upload it in your cloud as well. Cz gives the 5yr for original purchaser,but needs your receipt. Cheers
    Armoredman, you have a unicorn, on the P-10 C its supposed to be etched on right side of slide with year,symbols,and serial, and barrel without the serial, I can't imagine what they were smoking on the line that day, assemblers and inspectors. But hear that south of the border such a pistola could command a very very high resale value. Believe the very hard to find nature of one is nicknamed the el chapo.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2019, 10:40:00 PM »
   Armoredman, you have a unicorn, on the P-10 C its supposed to be etched on right side of slide with year,symbols,and serial, and barrel without the serial, I can't imagine what they were smoking on the line that day, assemblers and inspectors. But hear that south of the border such a pistola could command a very very high resale value. Believe the very hard to find nature of one is nicknamed the el chapo.
Actually, no, I don't - it's US made P-10S and they can't legally put on the Czech proof mark here in the US. I am guessing when they went with the Optics Ready slide they thought it was simpler to not add that work, and just leave the serial under the dust cover.

Offline eastman

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2019, 11:08:42 PM »
Many European countries require the barrel and slide to also be marked with the serial number, but it isn't required here.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline Psyop96

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2019, 03:53:50 AM »
Important note - the P-10S my wife received is NOT marked with the serial, proof or year of manufacture on the slide or the barrel. Doesn't change the awesomeness of the little thing, but it does look odd to someone who is used to those markings.
That?s going to look naked next to the ?real? CZs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk