Author Topic: CZ 75 SP01 Tactial sites are way off  (Read 1260 times)

Offline CZ-Slovak9mm

CZ 75 SP01 Tactial sites are way off
« on: February 10, 2019, 08:53:50 AM »
My brand new CZ has never shot well.... I see the brand new guns's rear sites are drifted the left and appears why the gun's factor test shots show the same. How hard is it to adjust the rear site?

Offline ZedHeadHunter

Re: CZ 75 SP01 Tactial sites are way off
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 12:13:09 PM »
A sight pusher would be the best. Maybe a shop can do it for free or cheap. Otherwise you can loosen the set screw and tap it over with a brass punch. A wooden dowel rod would work too, just something non-maring.

That is the cheap way, if you plan on getting a lot of 75s then the CZC pusher might be good for you.

https://czcustom.com/cz-rear-sight-pusher.html

Offline canthelpit

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 01:04:40 PM »
If the OP is willing to  spend $94.00 for a sight pusher, an adjustable rear sight might be a better option.

Offline adrian

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 01:45:52 PM »
     Hiya Cz-Slovak9mm, or kako se as my parents would say,this for starting the thread. I bought my po-1 tactical from a private owner and thought 750 was a good value, but unlike you the thing shot great and not feeding malfunctions. Thats saying a lot since mt shooting style has been known to contribute to them. You said, new, well new to you from private seller is much different than new to you from gun dealer. You would be entitled to factory support and free warranty. I'm sure you already realize this,but if a member does not. Before ya call cz-usa toll free line have your info of purchase and gun avail. They may reach out to your dealer, may need serial number to track the quality control on your shipment of guns etc.Your problem could be related to a hung over worker on a monday after a world cup final,and 200 tacticals were not properly inspected. lol.On the phone you are likely to first talk to customer service and then more likely to speak with one of their gunsmiths,that person will work with you on the first best course to solve the issue.I issue they will ask for its return to cz-usa, and then will mention the week or so turn around time. They won't mention that due to the inconvenience that they will add some appropriate perk, patch,hat,tee,something nice. They shall get your info and send you an email that you will need to print out for the free shipping back to them,ask them if you need to box the case or not. And let us know what they fixed or replaced. Be well.

Offline CZ-Slovak9mm

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2019, 08:08:32 PM »
 Thanks,  plan on buy a site pusher

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/104756/ncstar-vism-universal-rear-sight-tool

Anyone have any opinions on that or or recommendations?

Offline eastman

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2019, 09:11:58 PM »
Thanks,  plan on buy a site pusher

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/104756/ncstar-vism-universal-rear-sight-tool

Anyone have any opinions on that or or recommendations?

I've done a few sets of sights with one of those. It was a good investment.

Before using, add a few drops of your favorite gun oil to each of the screws and cycle them end to end. It will smooth up the motion considerably compared to the dry state it is shipped in.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline Chuck James

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2019, 12:19:51 PM »
My brand new CZ has never shot well.... I see the brand new guns's rear sites are drifted the left and appears why the gun's factor test shots show the same. How hard is it to adjust the rear site?

When you say "has never shot well....", are you complaining about the point of impact or does your pistol shoot rather large groups?

anything