Author Topic: Need some help with a Sub-Compact  (Read 3640 times)

Offline crawleigh0911

Re: Need some help with a Sub-Compact
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2019, 12:50:39 AM »
The P-07 is about 7.2" over all, so im looking for something 6.5 and less. I might even be being unreasonable....i have no clue.
Are you stuck on having to carry a 9mm? If not, the aforementioned revolvers make excellent choices, as do several hammer-fire DA/SA .380?s. I find myself carrying either my Sig P230 or Bersa Thunder 380 a lot more nowadays, as they are both lightweight,  handle very well, are very comfortable worn IWB/AIWB considering I?m sitting the better part of 12-14 hours daily, and not to mention they are both pretty good shooters (especially with Speer Gold Dots and Hornady XTP). They?re also smaller and lighter than the P-07. Just a thought...
I am not necessarily stuck with 9mm, its just what my EDC takes and I'm a sucker for continuity. my wife carries a Kimber micro .380 and loves it. DA/SA or SAO is my main preference. Caliber not so much....I would be open to revolvers.

Offline crawleigh0911

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2019, 12:51:40 AM »
For a single stack 9mm, Glock 43/43X.  For .380, Glock 42.  Excellent, reasonably priced, reliable, lightweight and superb aftermarket options.

GS
I've already been there and done it with Glock. I am just not a fan.

Offline KC Brew

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2019, 03:59:46 AM »
The P-07 is about 7.2" over all, so im looking for something 6.5 and less. I might even be being unreasonable....i have no clue.
Are you stuck on having to carry a 9mm? If not, the aforementioned revolvers make excellent choices, as do several hammer-fire DA/SA .380?s. I find myself carrying either my Sig P230 or Bersa Thunder 380 a lot more nowadays, as they are both lightweight,  handle very well, are very comfortable worn IWB/AIWB considering I?m sitting the better part of 12-14 hours daily, and not to mention they are both pretty good shooters (especially with Speer Gold Dots and Hornady XTP). They?re also smaller and lighter than the P-07. Just a thought...

Second Bersa Thunder 380. Actually I have the Plus, which carries 15 rounds. It is just a bit, tiny bit thicker in the grip than the single stack Thunder. Shoots well. I wanted to like the RAMI, but just didn't fall in love with it. Love my P-07!

Offline Ruber

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2019, 09:18:16 AM »
I do really like the RAMI, but if I just gotta go with something thinner, SW Shield would be my choice.  Very reliable and easy to transfer to even from shooting the larger CZ?s.

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2019, 05:12:55 PM »
Quick runs, like exercise?

Something for the pocket is likely a striker fired affair, my only samples are the Sig P365 and Beretta Nano.  Light weight revolvers either scantium SW j frame or Charter undercover lite in a pocket holster wont weigh you down.

Depending on what you are really asking, the p07 in a different mode of carry/holster might fill the need.

I more meant like corner store, things where my edc isnt really necessary.

Hmmm.  My opinoon is NOT to let your guard down just because of a qick trip next door.  Check out Galco's Undercover Wraps belly band.  It will easily accommodate a P07 (of full size 75B for that matter).  The belly band supports the gun so you can still wear loose gym shorts or pajama bottoms and T shirt if you want to keep the pants and stiff belt, etc. At home.  It has 2 holster pockets to accommodate either a small wheel gun or med/lrg pistol.

Don't get me wrong, of course you buy another gun, too!

Offline Gun_Compulsive

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2019, 08:46:21 PM »
A used Sig P232 will give you small DA/SA, but in .380.  My go-to for a small 9mm is the Sig P938, that has 1911-like controls and is a SAO carried cocked and locked.  With the 7 round mag, I can just get all my fingers around the grip.

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2019, 09:28:32 PM »
Cyanide's first reply mentioning Beretta'PX4sc is very similar in size to the Rami. I have both and they both see SD duty.  Even though a stock PX4sc has a safety/decocker, meaning safety still disables the gun in DA mode, it is a simple spring removal to convert it to decock only.  13+1 with flush fit mags or pinlky extension that clicks down (really cool) for full grip.  Takes fullsize 17 round mags with sleeve for integrated grip fit if desired.  Maybe a tad lighter than the Rami, but a wee bit thicker.  I use a OWB high ride leather holster designed for the Beretta for Rami carry and no problems, good retention.  I can't just stick my PX4 in my purpose built Rami holster.  The PX4sc has 3 backstraps to suit your hand size and it is of the Browning tilt barrel lock up which I like rather than the rotating barrel designs of the rest of the PX4 series.  I have a very difficult time in assessing which one is better!  In my opinion, they both shoot like full size guns.  However, I have no problems with tucking my pinky finger under the mag.  If you need a full grip, the PX4 definitely would get the nod of the 2.  That it can also be had in 40 cal--bonus, but perhaps not necessary.

Offline eastman

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2019, 09:59:40 PM »
I am not necessarily stuck with 9mm, its just what my EDC takes and I'm a sucker for continuity. my wife carries a Kimber micro .380 and loves it. DA/SA or SAO is my main preference. Caliber not so much....I would be open to revolvers.

Have you looked at the Ruger LCR 9mm? 5-shot compact revolver using moon clips. 2 loaded moon clips fit nicely in a Walgreen's prescription bottle.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline Flip18

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2019, 04:28:41 PM »
How about a Kahr?

Offline puddintame

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2019, 04:32:23 PM »

bought this ruger EC9S for $200. added a CT laser and hogue grip [cause its super thin] very happy with it

anything