Author Topic: CZ p09 40sw  (Read 122 times)

Offline @mindset_1st

CZ p09 40sw
« on: February 11, 2019, 05:40:11 AM »
Tempted to get one, just can't find much about them. Does anyone know anyone who has more than 25k through theirs?

Offline eastman

Re: CZ p09 40sw
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 10:36:28 PM »
mine isn't anywhere near 25k (bought a .40 to demo the P-09, then CZ discontinued the .40 so it spends more time with a 9mm upper on instead).

It was possible to find some really good prices on new, old stock P-09 .40 (well under $400) so I say go for it. If I find the same deal on a .40 P-07 I know I will jump on it.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline @mindset_1st

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 05:35:40 AM »
mine isn't anywhere near 25k (bought a .40 to demo the P-09, then CZ discontinued the .40 so it spends more time with a 9mm upper on instead).

It was possible to find some really good prices on new, old stock P-09 .40 (well under $400) so I say go for it. If I find the same deal on a .40 P-07 I know I will jump on it.

Thanks

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 08:54:51 AM »
Guns are "funny."

I have a P09 in .40 S&W.  Big pistol, more recoil than the 9MM P09.

Took it to the range and my wife shot it.  I darn near "lost" that pistol to her.  She fell in love with it.  She shot it much better than her XDM 3.8" 9MM that she'd confiscated from me a couple years prior because she shot it so well.   It's much too big for her to carry concealed but she shot such good groups with it she wanted it.  Had to buy her a CZ75 Compact to appease her.

The "funny" part:  The gun recoils much more for her than for me, yet the trigger would bite my trigger finger after a magazine or two.  I ended up replacing the trigger with one of the older curved P07 DUTY triggers (like my DUTY P07 which didn't bother me at all and recoils more for me than the P09 .40).

Not saying the .40 is unpleasant to shoot - saying, sometimes, what works/feels good for one person doesn't work as well for someone else.  I look at mine, sometimes, and think maybe I should have been carrying it around the property rather than buying the new XD 5" Tactical .45 acp I got last fall for that purpose.  I like the XD, shoots well enough for me.  Big bullet, big pistol, thirteen rounds, etc.  I need to take the P09 .40 and the XD to the range for a test session though.  Getting ready to "red dot" another pistol in the next two or three months and want to make the right choice before paying for the milling work and the back up iron sights.

The .40 P09, right now, is set up with +2's on the 15 round magazine for 17+1 in the chamber.  The XD is at 13+1 in the chamber.  It may come down to group size.  And the fact that my EDC concealed pistol is a .40 S&W P07 DUTY.

Good luck with the one you get.  They are out there.
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

anything