Author Topic: CZ P09 Extractor Break  (Read 362 times)

Offline MarcosC

CZ P09 Extractor Break
« on: February 11, 2019, 09:05:55 AM »
Hi Guys, I am new at the forum, and what started out as a dream come true with my brand new P09, turned into a sad story. I went to the range yesterday and with all the emotion in the world started to shoot. The ugly surprise was that the extractor broke without even reaching 50 shots of ammo. Has this happened to any of you guys? I do practical shooting (IPSC) and after that issue  I went to see my IPSC instructor (who also owns a gun store) and told me that this last batch of CZs being sold came with that problem, and mine adds up to a long list of other P09 users with the same extractor break.
Thanks for your help!

I tried to add some pictures, but my machine didnt let me!

Offline @mindset_1st

Re: CZ P09 Extractor Break
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 10:05:36 AM »
I broke 1 after shooting alot for 5 years, so did my training partner with his glock 19. I have 1 p07 and 2 x p09. More than 40k through my p09... I promise you its as reliable as glock.

Offline IronicTwitch

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 11:36:15 AM »
Sounds like a bad batch of metal on those extractors.

I've got around 10K rounds between my two P-09 slides and no issues.

Offline Tanners Owner

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 12:37:13 PM »
Sorry to hear that. My P09 has been stone cold reliable since I got it. Used it exclusively during an IDPA season a few years ago. It now sits next to me as one of my house guns.

Am sure CZ warranty will take care of you.
Like a midget at a urinal, I'll have to keep on my toes

Offline Kelsw

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 01:22:22 PM »
I don't remember ever getting emotional when I go to the range . Have a owned a P-09 for couple years . I did have a trigger return spring break and CZ took care of it as soon as I told them about it . I would rate that as excellent customer service .

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2019, 02:22:58 PM »
I broke 1 after shooting alot for 5 years, so did my training partner with his glock 19. I have 1 p07 and 2 x p09. More than 40k through my p09... I promise you its as reliable as glock.
Mine sure is more accurate than my Glock, too.

I've not had anything break on mine.  I did replace the trigger return spring, the firing pin block spring (maybe something else???) after I'd had it about 5 years.  That was only because I'd bought the CGW reduced power versions which are recommended as being more reliable than the factory springs and I finally got around to installing them in the P07's and P09's.
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

Offline MarcosC

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2019, 07:14:19 PM »
Thanks a lot guys! I guess I'll just try to get a replacement part and get back shooting!!

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2019, 07:38:36 PM »
There's a fellow here goes by the user name 1SOW.  He has a philosophy about parts.  He says if he breaks a part he buys two.  One to replace the broken part and one as a spare in case it breaks again.  But then, the replacement never breaks.  Like it "knows" he'll have the pistol back up and running double quick due to the waiting spare.

I can't say for sure it works, but I started buying spares just to have and so far mine haven't broken (pistols I mean).

Good luck with your P09, they're great pistols.
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2019, 08:20:09 PM »
About 4 to 5K  rounds in my po9 no trouble
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

Offline @mindset_1st

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2019, 05:42:06 AM »
Mine sure is more accurate than my Glock, too.

I've not had anything break on mine.  I did replace the trigger return spring, the firing pin block spring (maybe something else???) after I'd had it about 5 years.  That was only because I'd bought the CGW reduced power versions which are recommended as being more reliable than the factory springs and I finally got around to installing them in the P07's and P09's.

I had a ton of rounds through my previous gen1 p07( probably guessing more than 80k and cracked the slide, broke the extractor, broke the recoil spring and plastic shaft, broke the front insert, broke 1 firing pin, broke the firing pin stop pin and reset spring about 5 times. CZ South Africa replaced my pistol even though it was out of warranty by 3 years and I shot lead reloads

Offline MarcosC

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2019, 02:30:34 PM »
There's a fellow here goes by the user name 1SOW.  He has a philosophy about parts.  He says if he breaks a part he buys two.  One to replace the broken part and one as a spare in case it breaks again.  But then, the replacement never breaks.  Like it "knows" he'll have the pistol back up and running double quick due to the waiting spare.

I can't say for sure it works, but I started buying spares just to have and so far mine haven't broken (pistols I mean).

Good luck with your P09, they're great pistols.

That's a good philosophy! My only issue is that to get parts where I live is a challenge (argentina). Yesterday I spoke to the local CZ dealer and they said they were importing the extractors because of the multiple breaks they had been told of. And they'll would replace mine with no extra cost. Got a friend traveling in the US, will see if he can buy me one over there so I can have a spare!

Thanks!

anything