Author Topic: USPSA with P10C?  (Read 1374 times)

Offline nick779

USPSA with P10C?
« on: February 11, 2019, 11:32:51 AM »
I recently acquired a P10C and have become a pretty good shot with it and im going to be giving USPSA a try this year.

I recently installed a HBI trigger and have been trying different striker springs after a 1k round break in, I also got the CGW SS guide rod and the #15/#18 recoil springs. Im going to run in Limited Minor (May test Production if im allowed to with my mods) but I have no idea which spring I should be using. Ive read mainly its based on ejection distance and subjective feel, but hearing people running Major PF with light springs just scares me a bit (Metal frame though) Ill be running Speer Lawman 124gr since ive almost exclusively used that over the last 2 years and had 0 failures with it. 124gr @ 1090fps = 135 PF I could probably run Blazer Brass too which ive heard runs a hair milder than the rating at roughly 1040fps 128PF

Have any of you run with this gun?
Have you run into any issues or mods you deemed must have?
For the guys who have changed the recoil spring, what # have you been using?

Offline Earl Keese

Re: USPSA with P10C?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 12:28:52 PM »
Those guns running light springs at major PF are compensated, so whole different beast altogether. I shoot my P10C in Steel Challenge. After break in, it runs fine with 130-135 PF ammo and a 15lb CGW recoil spring.

Offline 2morechains

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 12:45:04 PM »
I shot my P10C in Production in a few matches, then later in Carry Optics after I added the RMR.  It?s primarily an EDC gun for me, but I like to shoot my EDC guns through a few matches to wring them out however was having so much fun with it that I shot it for about 6 months in Carry Optics.

I did similar mods to mine: CGW SS guiderod, CGW striker and anti-clocking pin, HBi trigger, and Dawson sights.  All legal mods for Production division.  Then I had it milled for the optic, so now it?s a CO gun in addition to being my EDC.

As far as recoil springs, I ran some drills using a 15 and the 18 lb spring.  Prior to the addition of the RMR I was running a 15 lb spring.  Post RMR I went to an 18.  This is with 130-132 PF reloads.  Try shooting Bill Drills with same ammo and both springs.  Go with the spring weight that gives you the best grouping at rapid fire (all A-zone in ~2 seconds @ 7 yds).  Outside of competition I put the stock guiderod and spring back in for use with social ammo. 

Good luck!

Offline Superiorduper

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2019, 12:27:52 PM »
I don?t shoot USPSA, but as far as recoil springs I?ve found CGW?s #18 to be the ideal spring for me. I typically shoot sellier&bellot at the range but I didn?t really notice much a difference in recoil between that and my carry ammo either (124gr +p+ gold dots from Underwood ammo.)

Probably should have the factory spring for those kind of loads but honestly I could barely tell that much of a difference, the #18 spring just ejected casings better.

The #15 spring worked fine with range ammo but I didn?t try it with any high pressure carry rounds