Author Topic: Scorpion back to the factory  (Read 391 times)

Offline Sscorpion9

Scorpion back to the factory
« on: February 11, 2019, 05:38:14 PM »
Anyone send their scorpion back to cz ? I need to send it in for repairs but im breaking my head as to how? I got the lable from cz but i have no clue as to how to box it? Any ideas? It's my first time mailing out a firearm so im just being extra cautious.

Thank you.

Offline st381183

Re: Scorpion back to the factory
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 05:46:09 PM »
Use the original factory box packed in an outer larger box with a copy of your DL. Slap on the label and drop it off at the nearest UPS distribution center or whomever the shipper is supposed to be. Make sure to get a receipt that you dropped it off. I would also photo the box and label so you have tracking info. Sit back and relax and it should come directly back to your home.

PS - tape it up securely and add any extra padding you feel appropriate. Also photo serial number and issues to be repaired so you can compare upon return to you.

PPS - Add a note with the problems you had and how to reproduce. Don?t rely on the tech knowing what you told the CS rep on the phone or email.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 07:18:33 PM by st381183 »

Offline st381183

Re: Scorpion back to the factory
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 07:13:13 PM »
     Hiya Sscorpion9 and thx for the thread. Since I'm a bored,old, out of work cz enthusiast I googled UPS site for ya. If you are licensed to send firearms you can send thru them.other wise not so much. I would believe a phone call to your LGS would sort ya out, and they send and receive arms most everyday, ya might have to bubble wrap and styrofoam peanut a box, but with your shipping stickers an legit FFL knows the rest. Cheers

US Post Office requires an FFL. UPS will accept firearms without an FFL but you have to go an actual UPS site, not a UPS store, in order to drop it off. Basically, wherever they load the trucks in your city.

?UPS accepts packages containing firearms (as defined by Title 18, Chapter 44, and Title 26, Chapter 53 of the United States Code) for transportation only (a) between licensed importers, licensed manufacturers, licensed dealers, and licensed collectors (as defined in Title 18, Chapter 44 of the United States Code), and government agencies and (b) where not otherwise prohibited by federal, state or local law (i) from an individual to a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector; and (ii) from a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector to an individual.

The shipper must comply with and must ensure that each shipment containing firearms complies with all federal, state and local laws applicable to the shipper, recipient, and package, including, without limitation, age restrictions.?

Please look and section (i) above - from an individual to a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector; and (ii) from a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector to an individual.

So an individual can ship via UPS as long as it is to a licensed manufacturer or dealer and they ship back directly to you. Why? Because you are not transferring the firearm, you are getting it serviced and returned.

https://www.ups.com/us/en/help-center/packaging-and-supplies/special-care-shipments/firearms.page

A little research will give you the directions you need.

https://www.pewpewtactical.com/how-to-mail-guns/