CZ PISTOL CLUBS > CZ75, 75b, 75 SAO inc the Transitional

CZ75B Omega Round vs Flat Hammer

(1/3) > >>

jtsantes:
Hello All:
I am new to this forum and new to CZ firearms, although I've been shooting handguns for nearly 50 years.  I am about to purchase a CZ75B Omega Urban Grey 91235 for its threaded barrel.  I also was considering the similar SP-01 Urban Grey 91253 but decided the Omega trigger might be a better choice.  I have what might seem to be a strange question.  Most of the reviews that I have seen on the Omega shows a firearm with a flat, angular hammer (sometimes called a competition hammer) as opposed to the traditional round hammer.  Oddly, all the online dealers only sell either firearm with the round hammer.  I'd prefer the flat, angular hammer for its looks, but it doesn't seem to be available.  Does anyone have any idea as to whether CZ made a change in the hammer design for some reason, and is the flat hammer available as an option?  Thank you all in advance.

christak:
I have two Omega models, a 75B Omega Convertible and a P-01 Omega. Both came with triangular hammers.
Are those the hammers you are talking about? The urban grey models don't come with that hammer based on what I see on the CZ USA website.

jtsantes:

--- Quote from: christak on February 13, 2019, 11:45:29 PM ---I have two Omega models, a 75B Omega Convertible and a P-01 Omega. Both came with triangular hammers.
Are those the hammers you are talking about? The urban grey models don't come with that hammer based on what I see on the CZ USA website.

--- End quote ---

Yes, the triangular hammers are the ones I've seen in most reviews of the urban grey firearms (75B Omega, SP-01 Tactical) in 2015 through about 2017. I actually spoke to a CZ customer service rep who told me that the factory puts whatever hammers on the firearms that currently are available.  They call it a "running change."  So like Forest Gump says, you never know what you are going to get.  The aftermarket ones are about $70 and my understanding is that they are not too easy to install, which means dealing with a gunsmith.  So regardless of which urban grey threaded-barrel CZ I get (# 91235 or 91253) I will stick with the round hammer unless I get lucky and get one with the triangular hammer.

adrian:
     Hiya jtsantes and welcome to the forum from phx. az. I'd like to believe that the reputation cz has built isn't generally opening your new gun case and never knowing what you are getting. That said the Gump movie is one of my favorites, as cz is for being my favorite maker of guns. If you visit the cz Europe,cz use,cz custom,and cajun custom sites and browse models and hammer parts I think you can get a sense of the options available to you. As a potential customer I'm sure those sites can entertain your questions to prevent any lack of understanding that opinions ,like mine,altho good intentioned, may be subjective.
     I've seen the angular hammer some call IPSC,competition,and even ghost hammer more often on the guns that cz offers for competition shooting. I've seen the same hammer replacing the rounded hammer on a lot of guns sent out for customizing. And the hammer springs and tuning the trigger,trigger group,polishing,and adjusting the weight,pull, and travel of the trigger to fit a customers request. But the shape, color,size, ergonomics,docent change the fact its a hammer,and a hammer in its different incarnations finally only have one basic job to do,in concert with its 100 or so parts.
     So hope you do get to enjoy a new to you cz, with variety of shapes and styles available you do get to choose your favorite chocolate.
Be well.

M1A4ME:
I have two Omega P01's.  One Urban Gray, one black.  Both have the flat topped hammer on them. 

I keep looking at those Urban Gray CZ75's at the gun shows (they just call to me, so I don't pick them up) but I can't remember noticing one with a round hammer.

Do the Omega's and the standard CZ75 types use the same hammers?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version