Author Topic: New production CZ 75 P-01 in dark green  (Read 1617 times)

Offline 1984Landcruiser

New production CZ 75 P-01 in dark green
« on: February 17, 2019, 11:50:01 PM »
Folks - I’m more of a C&R firearms fan, but I recently held a CZ P-01 and really liked it.  I’ve been looking for one ever since, and today I came across a reasonably priced one at a LGS.  They were asking $599 but it was in dark green, and I had not seen that variant before.  I debated waiting for them to get a black one, but as I looked at it, the dark green color grew on me.  The green was closer to British bronze green than US olive drab.  The target date in the case is 1/23/19, so it is new production.  It followed me home, and I am looking forward to putting some rounds through it soon.  I’m curious to hear your thoughts on it. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Sango

Re: New production CZ 75 P-01 in dark green
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2019, 12:14:54 AM »
OUTSTANDING PICKUP SIR!!!! Love that OD Green! A friend of mine is looking for a P01, but he won’t buy one until he finds one like yours.

You’re going to love it!
I’ve got a few CZ’s...

Offline joel0019

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2019, 12:48:24 AM »
Wow that looks amazing do you know where I can buy one online I haven’t seen a od green p01 in a long time

Offline 1984Landcruiser

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2019, 12:55:25 AM »
Wow that looks amazing do you know where I can buy one online I haven’t seen a od green p01 in a long time

Joel - I've had a hard time finding any CZ 75 P-01 for sale online.  I've been looking for weeks and found none in stock (black or green).  I sent an email to CZ USA and they were less than helpful.  I asked the dealer that I bought this one from (5280 Armory in Denver - follow their Facebook page as that is the only place they post new inventory) as to how often they received these pistols, and he answered that they get the black P-01 in stock occasionally but they sell very fast.  This green one that I bought arrived Friday and I bought it today (Sunday).  He said that it had been awhile since they had received a green one.  But since this one was produced last month, some green ones should be available.  The hard part is finding them...

Offline eastman

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2019, 11:05:34 AM »

I think they come in once or twice a year. KY Gun Co usually gets some each time (out of stock at the moment).
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline Frozencpu

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2019, 11:12:29 AM »
That P 01 in green is outstanding. You done well for your self sir. I recently picked up P 01 Omega which I have been looking for quite sometime and its an amazing pistol. My only gripe with CZ on these poly-coats P 01 is that they don't go the distance to finish coating it inside the frame, which looks a bit awkward and on cheap side.

Offline MarkLH

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2019, 11:40:50 AM »
I personally really like! the OD P-01... JUST bought a P-01 standard black ‘cause after seeing the OD and researching it figured Id never see one to buy without waiting who knows how long...

plus I paid $619 full bore for mine  ( LGS sold the P-01’s they recd in 2 days so I couldnt hesitate )

Great buy, you’ll love it...

Offline bayouredd

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2019, 08:03:21 PM »
It followed me home, and I am looking forward to putting some rounds through it soon.  I’m curious to hear your thoughts on it.

Hear my thoughts, you say? That thing is an abomination! Send it to me now & I'll send you a nice bottle of wine!!!

But in truth, dang I want one just like that to go with my black P01. What is so great is that if the trigger or something else is not to your liking, there is so much that can be done to make it your favorite of all time...

Congrates...

Offline eastman

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2019, 08:30:07 PM »
That P 01 in green is outstanding. You done well for your self sir. I recently picked up P 01 Omega which I have been looking for quite sometime and its an amazing pistol. My only gripe with CZ on these poly-coats P 01 is that they don't go the distance to finish coating it inside the frame, which looks a bit awkward and on cheap side.

there is no reason to polycoat the inside of an aluminum alloy frame, unlike a steel frame which needs the rust protection.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline whitetail hunter

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2019, 01:16:54 PM »
That is sweet. I have two P-01's black one full cajun and the other mild cajun. Really want the OD green as it just a sweet looking gun.  :P

Offline tanders

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2019, 07:28:24 PM »
Awesome! I need an OD green p-01 in my life

Offline aussie57

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2019, 07:37:52 PM »
PO-1 high polish stainless and now a PO-1 in OD Green. Two guns I'd like to have and can't find. :'(

Offline ohiodff

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2019, 07:41:05 PM »
PO-1 high polish stainless and now a PO-1 in OD Green. Two guns I'd like to have and can't find. :'(

There is a hi-polish on GB right now.
CZ PCR - CGW
CZ P-06
CZ 75 B Hi-polish stainless
CZ P-07
Colt King Cobra 6" .357 magnum
A bunch of inferior pistols
https://wn.nr/2cQbxh

Offline aone

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2019, 08:33:48 PM »
Rifle gear in Plano TX had a dozen green p01s delivered last Thursday. They may have a few left.

Offline tanders

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2019, 11:26:58 PM »
Rifle gear in Plano TX had a dozen green p01s delivered last Thursday. They may have a few left.

Did you happen to catch pricing? Wonder if they ship

anything