Author Topic: LOK Grips.. advice  (Read 3979 times)

Offline MarkLH

LOK Grips.. advice
« on: February 21, 2019, 05:23:04 PM »
Just got my P-01  < yay ! >

Sights.. and ? maybe grips are on Santa's list ( even tho Xmas is a long ways off.. maybe Birthday >

Gun will be primarily Range/Duty.. and plan on carrying it ( we'll see how it feels )

I love the palm swell form factor..   and was looking at LOK grips.  Rep said: they recommend Thin style / Matrix cut for carry..  or if I wanted to keep the Palm form.. the Crosscut was a good finish.

What are your opinions re:  good grip feel, and purchase - yet contribute to carryability .    What LOK size / cut do you like ?

( and beyond this I know there are mentions of " Cool " Grips..and "Guuuun" on eBay..

thanks 
-Mark

Offline badwrench

Re: LOK Grips.. advice
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 05:29:14 PM »
I've been carrying my P01 with a set of checkered palm swells, basically the same as stock grips, but they're not sticky like stock grips,  LOK also makes full checkered thin grips which I have a set of on my SP01, Those are nice too,  buy what you like,  I think the full checkered palm swells are great for carry.

Offline MarkLH

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 05:34:56 PM »
tnx Badwrench..

I'll look at the " Full Checkered "

one nice thing is: LOK said 60 day return/ full refund.. (  I just pay freight back to them..)   so I might consider a few options..  cause the only way to really know is to hold 'em ..   

- Mark

Offline BCC

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2019, 06:39:37 PM »
Full checkered is nice...mildly aggressive. The Thin is quite different than the stock palm swells size wise. Just purchased the Thin full checkered and not sure if I like them any better than stock rubber palm swells....it's a different feel. LOK is great to work with.....
Glock 19
Glock 43
Glock 43x

Offline Madger

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2019, 09:15:50 AM »
I have the checkered palm swells on my PO-1 Omega and like them alot. I had Jayson make them with the thumb relief cut and without the upper "shelf" similar to the shadow 2 palm swells. Jayson is a great guy to work with and can accomodate almost any special request
In dog beers I only had one.

CZ 75B Matte Stainless, CZ 97B, CZ Rami BD, Kadet 2, CZ 455 American 22lr, CZ Canvasback Gold 12g, Beretta 686 Onyx Pro Trap 12g

Offline Jiva

• I came for the pistols and stayed for the rifles
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2019, 01:26:21 PM »
I love the Mayhem grips :D

75 P-01 Compact 99041
75 D PCR Compact
75 SP-01 Tactical 9mm
612 HD
452 2E ZKM Lux .22LR
452 2E ZKM Classic .22LR
452 2E ZKM Varmint .22LR

Offline Hooligan

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2019, 03:10:59 PM »
I have Lok full checkered palm swells on my carry Compact and an SP-01 (also Loks on a 1911).  Great grips.  I don't have big hands, but I really liked the feel of the original CZ grips on the first SP-01 that I bought for my wife.  The Lok palm swells feel great and I'm glad I went with them, including for the carry Compact.  I couldn't see buying thinner grips for the Compact when the palm swells felt so comfortable/natural, and a couple of thousandths of an inch or so isn't going to make that much of a difference (IMO).  The full checkered are somewhat aggressive, but that is my preference.

Go for 'em, you won't regret the decision.

Offline MarkLH

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2019, 12:12:01 AM »
tnx Hooligan,  theyll be on my short list when the time ($) comes 👍

Offline Stickerdude

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2019, 08:01:59 AM »
I?m enjoying the lok matrix grips for carry. I prefer thin vs palm swell though.
Cz Custom Compact L #91724
Cz Pcr

Offline Tanners Owner

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2019, 08:44:33 PM »
I like my boggies- aggressive , yes, but my hands aren?t as sensitive as others. I also carry in an OWB holster. Love handles preclude IWB:-)
Like a midget at a urinal, I'll have to keep on my toes

Offline Hillbilly357

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2019, 02:35:33 PM »
I prefer the palm swell Bogies.

Offline David0408

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2019, 10:04:48 PM »
I wear a large sized glove and love the LOK Matrix grip for CC. It?s a thin grip and is comfortable with or without an undershirt. No snag or pull on cover garment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

anything