Author Topic: Scorpion pinned stock  (Read 2982 times)

Offline Troda

Scorpion pinned stock
« on: February 22, 2019, 06:48:17 PM »
Picked up an unfired scorpion carbine for a good price. Catch was the stock is pinned. I figured I would un-pin it but it?s proving to be more difficult than I thought. The original owner said he bought it pinned from the factory The button depresses all the way so that?s not how they did it. I can?t find any pins anywhere. I?m going to try and drive out the hinge pin but if someone knows how the factory does it that would be helpful
Thanks in advance

Offline Ktm45

Re: Scorpion pinned stock
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 10:01:05 PM »
If you are talking about the stock being pinned to not allow a ?length of pull? adjustment the factory drills and installs a smaller 1/8 inch pin below the large pivot pin. Just push the smaller pin completely out and leave it out. The latch will work as normal.

Now if you are talking about the stock ?pivoting ? at the hinge the ?push button? is completely different between the pinned and the pivot capable unit. The pinned push button is actually longer in length. That is how it does not allow the button to actually push in. If you push out the pivot pin you can take the button apart and you will see how it works. I don?t think the push buttons are available by themselves......well at least they weren?t a year ago. There is a thread on this site that shows how to pin a scorpion stock. A search would show how it works.

Offline Troda

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2019, 12:40:31 PM »
Last night I took the hinge pin out and pulled the latch (button). There I found the washer that kept the button from depressing that last little bit. Thanks for your replies

Offline Ktm45

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2019, 04:59:14 PM »
Ahhh somebody put in a washer....and that?s a very good simple idea.

Offline riight112

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2019, 03:17:23 AM »
Out of curiosity, was the washer installed by the factory or the previous owner?  Any pictures you could share?  Thanks!

Last night I took the hinge pin out and pulled the latch (button). There I found the washer that kept the button from depressing that last little bit. Thanks for your replies

Offline Troda

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2019, 09:00:40 PM »
Bought it from my LGS. I never spoke with the original owner, my buddy from the store did. He was told it was from the factory. I didn?t take pictures but it was just a thin 3/8? flat washer placed beneath the latch button. Literally took a couple of minutes to remove.

Offline BCHINOC

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2020, 01:59:34 AM »
What method did you use to drive out the hinge pin?  Regular punch?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk