Author Topic: CGW roller for DA..vs...stock  (Read 1357 times)

Offline BCC

CGW roller for DA..vs...stock
« on: February 22, 2019, 09:56:42 PM »
So whats the difference in the rollers ? How would it affect the DA pull ? Noticeable ???
Thanks for any insight for a P01 Omega....
Glock 19
Glock 43
Glock 43x

Offline Earl Keese

Re: CGW roller for DA..vs...stock
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 09:59:57 PM »
Diameter.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2019, 06:02:57 AM »
Some times it makes no improvement sometimes it's a necessity. Mic your existing roller in several places. My original was .215 in one spot and .218 in another. when the roller was at the low point during a slow single action pull the hammer would drop to half cock and not fire. The CGW .220 roller cured the issue.

Offline earlan357

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2019, 10:16:42 AM »
I polished all my stock parts following Schmeky's sticky, but there was still a defined wall of pressure just before the hammer dropped.  My stock roller measured .216 and did not spin under the trigger bar, the trigger bar would just slide up it.  I swapped in a .220 roller which actually rotates under the trigger bar now.  I also upgraded to CGWs short reset kit which includes a much smoother disconnector and lifter. I also installed their reduced power firing pin safety spring since I already had the slide apart.  There was still some stacking when I pull it deliberately slow, but it wasn't a defined wall like before.  Bending the trigger bar tension spring down a bit and smoothing the groove where the spring rides helped too.  That area was pretty rough.  Another thing that helped was upgrading to the CGW sear pin.  The factory pin let my sear cock to one side as I pulled the trigger, which dragged on the disconnector.  The new pin helps keep the sear square.  I finished it with a 15# mainspring and now I can keep the front sight rock steady through the DA pull.  There's still some resistance just before the hammer breaks, but I can "roll though it" instead of hitting it like a speed bump.

Offline briang2ad

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2019, 07:08:59 AM »
They SHOULD be within .03" to work, but as some have testified, they can be good even at .04" diff.  In some of my P series guns they do not work - in others they are fine.  As stated the stock rollers CAN be a mess.

anything