Author Topic: kadet failure to fire  (Read 3537 times)

Offline painter

Re: kadet failure to fire
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2019, 06:26:59 AM »
Painter,  I have a kadet 2 and its not an Omega trigger.
I just got my kadet back from the gunsmith and will try it out tommorrow.  I'll let you guys know the results.
Thanks
Pauli
How'd it go?

Really hoping to hear back on this one as I am having the same difficulty.. 

Where does one come up with a 17 pound spring?
CGW sells an 18# spring, or Wolff Gun Springs
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline pauli62

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2019, 02:40:42 PM »
Sorry for the late responce.  I got the gun back and have not been back to the range yet.  Sometimes its hard to get there.  While I was waiting and surfing on  this site, I went and purchased a Shadow 2.  I get it Monday and can't wait, and will take that and the Kadet 2 to the range.  Thanks.
By the way what color is a 17lb hammerspring? 

Offline adrian

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2019, 03:50:38 PM »
     Hiya, CZC put in the 17lb mainspring so not aware of its color,sorry. The light strike issue and heavier mainspring topic can be researched here in the Kadet part of forum,hope 17lb mainsprings haven't been discontinued for handguns. I'm sure CZC,cajun,and cz-usa are capable of taking you phone call and ordering or referring you as needed. Be well.

Offline painter

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2019, 10:13:31 AM »
Wolff springs are not color coded. You's have to ask CGW what color their springs are.
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline pauli62

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2019, 02:17:09 PM »
Ok,  I got the gun back from the gunsmith and he said the firing pin was hanging up in the grove or channel of the firing pin retainer.  So he machined a new one for me.  He also put a lighter firing pin spring in it.  I went to the range and had only 1 light strike after about 80 rounds.  It did not fire on the double action either so I threw away the round. I am so happy now with it.  Can't wait to shoot it more.  The only reason I didn't was because I had to try my new Shadow 2.  Wow, what a great gun!!! It makes me look like I'm a good shooter.
Thank you everyone for your suggestions and tips.  I love my CZ's and this site.

Pauli