Author Topic: WARNING: Picture may be disturbing to younger viewers.  (Read 1744 times)

Offline Rickytick

WARNING: Picture may be disturbing to younger viewers.
« on: February 25, 2019, 11:16:06 PM »
   One less mole in my yard!!!!!!!!

Offline larryflew

• Minnesota
Re: WARNING: Picture may be disturbing to younger viewers.
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019, 12:03:39 AM »
Tricky little varmints. Bet you have plenty more.
When did it change from "We the people" to "screw the people"?

, []]]]]]]]]]]\>
        )'_\   (
'            \ *\
'              \ _\

Larry

Minnesota shooter
and CZ fanatic
NRA life since the 70's
USAF 66-70

Why use 911 when it's faster to use 1911 or 9mm?

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2019, 07:32:18 AM »
I remember watching a tom cat we used to have (death on four feet, to anything crawling/walking/flying around our yard) digging for moles in the yard.

He'd dug into the mole tunnel and was on his belly, with one front leg jammed as far up the tunnel as he could get it.  He'd work one arm in/out/around trying to get a claw into that mole.  Then he'd pull that leg/paw out of the tunnel and stick the other one in there and repeat the clawing around motions.  He never did get a hold on that mole and finally gave up and walked away.

Funny to watch, once I figured out what he was doing.

I used to see dead moles in the woods while hunting after a fresh snow.  The foxes would sense them, dig them out from under the snow, kill them and then drop them.  Dad said foxes wouldn't eat them, they just killed them for some reason.  Maybe the sound like a mouse but don't smell/taste like a mouse.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline HollowDawg

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2019, 10:22:22 AM »
Saw a great video of a company that pumps a propane/oxygen mix into their burrows and then ignites it. Concussion kills the moles and also collapses the burrow/tunnels. 'Merica! :P

Offline Dodge807

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2019, 11:12:02 AM »
the only good mole/vole, is a dead one. they ate the roots out of  3 crab apple trees from my property. the only way I can plant trees and bushes now is to bury a wire fence around what I plant so they can't get to the roots. so I shoot them when I see them !

Offline Firemanjones

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2019, 01:51:16 PM »
I have ever seen the moles on my property, just the raised tunnels. I purchase the poison in the cone and have had very good luck in getting rid of them that way.
Safety First
Living the dream, driving a Fire Engine RETIRED shooting my Guns in FL and the Mountains of NC and visiting family in Mannheim.

Offline 2bfree

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2019, 03:22:54 PM »
the only good mole/vole, is a dead one. they ate the roots out of  3 crab apple trees from my property. the only way I can plant trees and bushes now is to bury a wire fence around what I plant so they can't get to the roots. so I shoot them when I see them !
Moles don't eat roots, they feed on grubs and earthworms and larvae.

Ron M.

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2019, 05:34:21 PM »

Gophers on the other hand will kill trees and shrubs, along with wiping out your vegetable garden.

Offline Phlyers13

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2019, 05:55:58 PM »
Leave him there as a warning to all his mole friends!

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2019, 07:39:38 AM »

A few years ago I couldn't get the usual granules I dusted the yard with to keep the ticks back in the woods.  I bought something "similar" at Walmart.  I dusted the yard with it.  The next morning the yard was littered with dead/dying big white/beige looking grub worms.  Looked like a hail storm had happened.  I didn't see any mole tunnels in the yard for several years after that (maybe I need to try that same stuff again - if I can figure out the brand I bought that time.....)
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Duke Nukem

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2019, 10:26:01 AM »
My next door neighbor has a method for taking out moles: he flattens out all the tunnels in an area that looks active, then stands back and looks at the ground.  He says morning and evening are the most active times.  He will see a mole at work pushing the dirt up, gets a shovel or light mattock and digs them out with a quick swipe.  If they're still alive when they come up, they won't be in a moment.
  It may seem kind of brutal, but poisoning them is probably worse.

Offline Rickytick

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2019, 06:51:56 PM »
I left him in his run, you might say he dug his own grave.