Author Topic: Nickle 75 preb  (Read 622 times)

Offline aaguns

Nickle 75 preb
« on: February 25, 2019, 11:43:00 PM »
Hi new guy here got in a trade a cz75  nickle just wandering if how many where made .  This ones been sent . To cajun  for pro package.  Made in 94 .  Thank you[img

[/img]

Offline Walt Sherrill

Re: Nickle 75 preb
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019, 10:23:12 AM »
I've never SEEN nor heard of a pre-B factory nickel CZ-75.  I wonder if this was plated by a prior owner as an after-market upgrade.  You image doesn't show.  Is the slide plated?

Note: that I've not seen nor heard of one doesn't mean they don't exist. 

I have seen one or two surplus 75Bs (from Century Arms)that looked like nickel finishes, but they had the bluing removed  -- in th white!   

I have a satin nickel 85 Combat, owned a 75B Compact in satin nickel, and have seen a couple of satin nickel 97Bs, but have never one that was shiney.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 10:27:34 AM by Walt Sherrill »

Offline aaguns

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2019, 10:48:39 AM »
Having trouble posting .pic will in a mesg

Offline aaguns

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2019, 11:49:02 AM »
Ok think it hard chrome. Found reference to chrome .as a finish in 1994 shooters bible.what you think wish I could figure . This pic thing out ..

Offline Walt Sherrill

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2019, 02:11:34 PM »
Same response to a hard chrome as factory nickel.   Never saw either one in a pre-B, but I'll be the first to admit that there's a lot of things I haven't seen.

I think Tanfoglio did offer guns with hard chrome finishes.  And it may be that Norinco -(China) clones could be had that way, too. 

To post photos you probably need to go to a photo site (some are free) and upload the photo there, and then link to it.  (I use photobucket.com, but it's a bit more expensive than most, and while it used to be free, I'm not sure it is any more.) 

Others here can maybe suggest a free site for posting photos.  I've contacted you by email, and if I get a photo image from you I'll post it for you.

Offline aaguns

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2019, 02:21:22 PM »
Sent some pic  and found old add in shooters bible  under a a arms  lists  chrome  as an option  only see it in 1994 through   ..?

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2019, 02:56:49 PM »
There were at least a few imported in nickel. I have a nickel plated transitional and there were some nickel pre-b's for sale recently on G.B.

Offline Walt Sherrill

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2019, 06:03:47 PM »
Here are some photos from the original poster (aaguns) ...  (I recently switched to the Thunderbird email app and I'm still figuring it out.  For a while I didn't think there were any attachments in the email I was sent by the OP.)   

Looks like satin nickel, but it could be hard chrome (but most hard chromed guns I've seen are a bit more glossy. )   Probably a LATE (i.e., transitional pre-B, due to the squared-off trigger guard), and I'll bet the standard mags work in it, too.  This gun looks a LOT like my 85 Combat (if you just look at the left side.)

Looks to have aftermarket sights and hammer.... and aaguns say it may have CGW parts, too.  Looks like a really nice gun!   Even though I've sworn off pre-Bs, I'd probably be tempted by it if I found it in a gunshop.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 06:22:02 PM by Walt Sherrill »

Online briang2ad

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2019, 07:10:07 AM »
VERY NICE!!!!

Offline aaguns

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2019, 09:11:31 PM »
Thank you walt for posting pic

Offline Blaiwayw

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2019, 10:16:53 AM »
Nice find on the pre B.  I have found several of these transitional CZ’s lately from the mid 90’s, but not in nickel.  I look for the pinned front sight, and combat trigger guard.  I just purchased a CZ 75B, in nickel, dated 95.  Serial number 3933B.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Walt Sherrill

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2019, 06:39:10 PM »
Digging through an old pile of files, I found the following, which I once found in the Fjestad Blue Book, and posted on another forum.  I didn't remember ever reading this or posting it, but I did!!

The CZ-75 Special Edition imported by Action Arms in '93-'94: Matte nickel, bright nickel, matte chrome, brushed chrome, bright chrome, or gold frame with gold or
    Hi-gloss blued slide, with gold accents.

This covers the period and probably the importer of the pre-B first mentioned in this discussion.

Offline larryflew

• Minnesota
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2019, 12:24:37 AM »
I've got a B in nickel and it looks gold tinted compared to the pics you showed. Pic looks like my Canik in hard chrome color wise.
, []]]]]]]]]]]\>
        )'_\   (
'            \ *\
'              \ _\

Larry

Minnesota shooter
and CZ fanatic
NRA life since the 70's
USAF 66-70

Online briang2ad

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2019, 06:53:49 PM »
The Satin Nickel smokes the stainless guns in looks and no FPB is a plus.  Great gun!

Offline dale5150

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2019, 01:45:40 PM »
Nice piece! I have never seen one.

anything