Author Topic: DA/SA Pistols are "downright dangerous"  (Read 4953 times)

Offline Hammer Time

DA/SA Pistols are "downright dangerous"
« on: March 01, 2019, 10:54:50 AM »
I have to laugh every time I read an article like this. Not a blog I normally hang out on, but Greg Ellefritz linked to it on his weekly "Knowledge Dump" which made me curious:

https://thestreetstandards.wordpress.com/2019/02/13/traditional-double-action-pistols-are-neither-traditional-nor-double-action/comment-page-1/#comment-902

It's so full of assumptions and opinion masquerading as "fact" that it's hard to know where to begin... ::)

Ron M.

Re: DA/SA Pistols are "downright dangerous"
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 11:24:14 AM »
"Knowledge Dump" as in I SH*t on any opinion but my own excessively limited and self absorbed ones.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2019, 11:25:14 AM »
The really sad part is there are people out there dumber than he is that pay him to write stuff like that.

Not even going to waste time listing his many mistakes? misunderstandings?  lack of knowledge?  Adds up into a boneheaded article I just wasted 10 minutes reading only to find out he obviously doesn't understand how to use a CZ75/85, P07/P09.

He's not the first, won't be the last. 

And there is an answer to small game hunting better than a Glock - it's called a shotgun.  You get a nice pattern in 1 shot instead of 15.  Guaranteed to fill your game bag quicker.

Now, I got up at 0300 this morning.  I'm going to take a nap.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline CCWLearner

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2019, 12:53:47 PM »
DA/SA is a challenge but I wouldn't call it dangerous.  I specifically train with dry and live fire to improve my DA accuracy with my DA/SA gun.  I typically pull 10 DA for every 10 SA, dry fire at home and live fire at the range.  I don't train 10K live fire rounds a year as the article states... probably more like 3K rounds a year of live fire, but I dry fire a lot and I use a MantisX to measure my performance.

Offline DWARREN

• Old & Tired
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2019, 01:19:18 PM »
Doofus master!
"1776" - Part II

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2019, 06:01:56 PM »
Just more opinionated nonsense with no basis in fact. I firmly believe you will master your chosen platform only if you are willing to dedicated the time and effort to it.
Of course I've heard of quite a few cases of glock leg but not so many cases of TDA leg.

Offline MadDuner

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2019, 07:22:02 PM »
I love my DA/SA guns.  I also shoot them very often, and take pride in knowing that the first trigger pull is still going where it?s aimed.  It?s not like somebody pulled a striker fire weapon out of my holster and substituted something else.  In my mind, it?s SUPPOSED to be this way.... and I?m quite content with it as is.

Offline aussie57

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2019, 07:49:55 PM »
Well I am of the opinion that DA/SA when mastered is the much safer option.

Offline Tok36

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2019, 09:00:21 PM »
Heh, my sights move less pulling through a smooth factroy DA then they do from pulling through a factroy SA in some cases.

O my, i might be starting to appreciate DAO!
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline BG ARMORY

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2019, 09:22:42 PM »
I've seen better writing from CNN

Offline double-d

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2019, 07:15:32 AM »
Strange this is a problem.
All my DA/SA firearms start out in SA (includes my hunting revolver as well).

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2019, 09:29:39 AM »
Quote from: aussidon'tlink=topic=102837.msg797032#msg797032 date=1551487795
Well I am of the opinion that DA/SA when mastered is the much safer option.

C'mon Aussie!  You don't have to qualify you statement with "opinion"!  In the fashion of the author, your truth is self evident and any who would disagree with you and the billions of people in your camp are obviously retarded, er, I mean mentally challenged and shouldn't be carrying a weapon.   ;)

Even Glock Leg can be prevented with mind over matter.  They key is, one needs to have a mind.  Never mind the author with his single minded mind games whose advice represents a mine field of opinions ready to explode the knee caps of those followers incapable of  mind over Glock Leg.

Offline eastman

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2019, 03:52:45 PM »
not sure if that was a poorly written attempt at satire or if the author really IS that stupid
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline Cyanide

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2019, 06:16:05 PM »
Heh, my sights move less pulling through a smooth factroy DA then they do from pulling through a factroy SA in some cases.

O my, i might be starting to appreciate DAO!
Hehehehehehe, DAO?s not dead yet, I?ve another convert!

Offline MadDuner

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2019, 06:20:25 PM »
My Sig P290RS is DAO.... and surprisingly I can usually hit what I?m aiming it at.  But I am NOT wanting all of my other triggers to feel like THAT thing!