Author Topic: New CZ compact owner  (Read 927 times)

Offline dirtymartini

New CZ compact owner
« on: March 03, 2019, 04:17:58 PM »
Picked this up a couple of weeks ago at a gun show and am loving it so far. Thinking about sending it to CJW for some trigger work and night sights. This will be in my EDC rotation...and recommendations for night sights and trigger package?

Offline Uriel67

Re: New CZ compact owner
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 04:53:26 PM »
I recently added the Dawson Trijicon Night Sights to my PCR. I am extremely happy with them. I got them from Cajun Gun Works.

Offline Tanners Owner

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2019, 10:34:24 PM »
I have the pro package on my PCR, simply superb.
Like a midget at a urinal, I'll have to keep on my toes

Offline dhouby

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 12:34:31 AM »
Get the set of extended firing pin, #13 hammer spring, reduced power trigger spring with floating trigger pin, minor polishing and it's amazing for less 100 bucks.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Offline KME

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 02:13:37 AM »
I have Truglo TFX Pro Tritium/FO sights on my P-01 and BD. On my D PCR and SP-01 I have FO fronts with blacked out rear sights. I have the CGW Reach Reduction Kit and Pro Package on all of my CZs.

Offline nhrider

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2019, 08:26:50 AM »
I use the Truglo TFX Pro sights too.  Hard to beat, FO for daytime and tritium for night sights.

I have them on my PCR and a Glock 19.

Offline psion55

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2019, 11:57:21 AM »
I had the TFX-PRO on my CZ 75 compact and I installed the CGW pro kit. 
Both make a great pistol into a really great pistol.  Then I found the Springer
Precision red dot mount.  I mounted a Docter red dot and like it.  The rear
sight from the TFX-PRO fits the CZ RAMI perfectly.  With the tritium front
sight from CZ Custom it makes a really nice set up.

Docter is the correct spelling.  It's a guy's name.  Nothing to do with medical.

Offline Captain Paul

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2019, 02:53:23 PM »
I am considering changing sights when I get my P01 back from CGW. I am concerned about the most visible FO. Do you guys choose the TFX Pro because of the increased visibility of the FO or just because it has the tritium?

Offline Captain Paul

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2019, 02:55:10 PM »
I am considering changing sights when I get my P01 back from CGW. I am concerned about the most visible FO. Do you guys choose the TFX Pro because of the increased visibility of the FO or just because it has the tritium?

Offline granky

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2019, 03:38:12 PM »
Captain Paul - If you don't need night sights go with the wider 1.5mm CZ sights. Much easier to pick up than the 1.0mm. I also like the wider blade for my old eyes. I have used night sights in the past but never felt they were useful. Those TFX are honkin' huge. Just one man's opinion.

I am also a new owner of a PCR, grabbed it last night after watching the few available come down to one left. I attempted to purchase another last week from a vender who sold it but didn't have it in stock. I don't buy many new handguns but felt this is a must have.

Not sure how it will work out but I want to compare it to the 3 lb. TS in steel challenge. The challenge is swinging 3 lbs as fast as possible. If I can master The DA/SA transition it should be something else. The PCR will probably replace my PPS as bedside drawer gun. I really like the PPS it is also a real shooter like I expect the PCR to be but the higher round count will be peace of mind.

Oh yeah - First time poster here but I've been reading on the compacts while anticipating owning one. This is a fine community of gun nuts, hello.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 03:57:52 PM by granky »

Offline recoilguy

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2019, 03:59:49 PM »
congrats nice gun!

RCG
What I lack in speed , I make up for with inaccuracy

Offline spitfire007

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2019, 04:28:25 AM »
No concerns about liability regarding the trigger/ignition parts mods?

I’m also tempted to get some CZ custom or cgw work done, but am worried about liability in modifying....one thing to be involved in a shooting, another to go to jail for 20 years because one’s lawyer couldn’t defend the 3.5lb trigger pull....even in a DA/SA gun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline granky

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2019, 10:48:15 AM »
Internet folklore, no one has ever been prosecuted for a light trigger.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 10:58:39 AM by granky »

Offline spitfire007

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2019, 12:42:10 PM »
Internet folklore, no one has ever been prosecuted for a light trigger.

Maybe not directly for it, but I’m quite sure it has figured in multiple lawsuits concerning negligence or willful disregard for manufacturers tolerances/ been used by prosecution to portray a defendant in a SD/HD scenario in as bad a light as possible.
The Glock forum has a bunch of information, specifically from Mas Ayoob, a renown expert/expert witness, regarding specific instances. I’d have to look them up...but it’s not just internet folklore.

I’m just looking for some insight regarding these specific pistols and the work various gunsmiths perform.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline granky

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2019, 06:05:15 PM »
I see your point, my previous post was flippant in retrospect. None of my carry firearms have had trigger work and I'll keep it that way and if you have concerns I would advise you not to.