Author Topic: Grand Power Stribog questions  (Read 5772 times)

Ron M.

Grand Power Stribog questions
« on: March 03, 2019, 04:20:18 PM »
While looking over (ended up ordering) a Grand Power K100 MK12 I also checked out a G.P. Stribog. A few questions for owners.

How well does it shoot different weight bullets?

Is the folding stock adapter worth the money?

I'm looking at the SB tactical adjustable brace, is this a good choice?

My local dealer has one for $670, package with adapter, brace, and 2 20 round mags will be $850. This seems to be a good price based on Gun.Deals and Gun Broker searches. Any better deals out there?

I have a Holosun HS503FL circle dot sight, will this work without a riser?

Any quirks I should be aware of?

Angled forend grip or flashlight?

Thanks for any answers in advance,
Ron M.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 07:27:33 PM by Ron M. »

Offline Wink57

Re: Grand Power Stribog questions
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 09:07:39 PM »
Just buy it! Great price ya got and you will love it. I sbr?d mine, used GP folding stock. Had no issues with any ammo. Fast becoming favorite over my two scorpions

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline czsuby

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2019, 07:26:53 AM »
I bought one Saturday but haven't received it yet. It cost me $110 for the brace,$58.64 for the adapter and $660.99 for the GP Stribog.

Ron M.

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2019, 09:19:14 PM »
Ordered the package my dealer offered on Wednesday. The pistol, Grand Power stock mount, S B Tactical folding tube adapter, SB tactical adjustable brace, castle nut, Kaw Valley Precision XL Extra Long Slim 9mm Linear Compensator, and 2 extra 20 round mags. Out the door was $918.

I have a Sig Romeo 5 that will go on the gun. The Holosun sight I have sets low.

Everything but the linear comp should be in on Friday afternoon. Looks like I'll be putting the kit together over the weekend.

Offline czsuby

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2019, 07:15:13 AM »
, Ron, have you found a mag loader for the Stribog.

Ron M.

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2019, 07:14:52 PM »
, Ron, have you found a mag loader for the Stribog.

After looking over the mags and the loaders I have on hand, none of them work. I could probably make an Uplula for the CZ Scorpion work, seems to be close in size. I might try to pick one up next week.

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2019, 08:24:47 PM »
Global Ordnance is the new Distributor for them and a Stribog is high on my "Wants" list.

Here's a review:

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline czsuby

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2019, 07:29:19 AM »
I called everywhere not a loader to be found but RAEIND said if I gave them the dimensions of the mag they would make one.  I think I'll wait for the proper one.

Ron M.

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2019, 01:09:32 PM »
Got all the bits I have put together. The Linear comp should be in tomorrow. Off to the range to try as shown and with my Gemtech GM-9. The goal is to find the best range and defense subsonic ammo for suppressed use. I hope it likes 147gr Gold Dots, all of my other 9mm pistols and carbines shoot that ammo very well. CCI Lawman 147 FMJ duplicates the defense ammo. My handloads pretty much match up with the CCI lawman.

If this shoots as well as I think it will, I'll be giving the Glock 19 and micro Roni setup to my niece.

Offline Montesf1030

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2019, 09:08:26 PM »
Very solid firearm ... Congrats on the pic up ... Here is mine with his cousin the B&T GMH9

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline czsuby

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2019, 07:09:38 AM »
RAEIND are in the process of making a Stribog mag loader. I offered to send them a magazine but one was sent already. I will let you know when I have more information.

Ron M.

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2019, 08:50:03 AM »
RAEIND are in the process of making a Stribog mag loader. I offered to send them a magazine but one was sent already. I will let you know when I have more information.

Thanks, I will be buying one. It's amazing how fast this thing goes through ammo. My son, daughter, and their spouses have put at least 1000 rounds through the Stribog already. The wife and I have run another 300 through it. Son and son-in-law have been spending a lot of time at my reloading bench.

Offline czsuby

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2019, 07:14:59 AM »
I ordered a mag loader for my Stribog last night. Raeind has finished making them. Go to raeind.com if interested.

Ron M.

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2019, 06:19:17 PM »
I ordered a mag loader for my Stribog last night. Raeind has finished making them. Go to raeind.com if interested.

Thank you. just ordered one myself.

Offline czsuby

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2019, 08:23:39 AM »
Now, all we need to do is find some hi-cap magazines.