Author Topic: Gunsmith's specials from Hunters Lodge  (Read 1339 times)

Offline dtomp

Gunsmith's specials from Hunters Lodge
« on: March 04, 2019, 11:12:30 AM »
I bought 2 gunsmith specials from Hunters Lodge. They were advertised as great shape with just missing the slide stops. They were missing the slide stops. 1 was missing about half the finish and when you pull the trigger, just before the hammer drops it clicks, and as you let off the trigger the hammer slowly goes back to the slide. If you pull the trigger fast it works ok. The other one had a spot worn off just below the trigger guard with the rest of the finish at about 95%. It functioned as it should with no noticeable problems. I think I have the slide stops coming, and I'll probably replace the springs in both. After that we'll see how the trigger on the one acts and if it'll need more work. The one with the least amount of finish I may try to chrome plate, but time will tell. I only paid around $100. each, so I feel I got a pretty good deal. The only problem I have is I wish I'd ordered 4 - lol. I did try for more, but they're all gone. I'll keep looking. 

Offline eastman

Re: Gunsmith's specials from Hunters Lodge
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 10:47:33 PM »
they never replied to my email last week when I asked about availability   >:(

When Gander closed, I was at a location across the state line and saw 8-10 CZ 83 .380ACP pistols in the "needs repair" section for cheap. I checked every one hoping they had mislabeled an 82 (would have been C&R eligible then)
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline dtomp

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 12:25:29 PM »
They answered mine and said they were out. I'm always looking for guns and parts, might be some kind of disease, I don't know. If I see or find anything else I'll post it. I did post that I found slide stops for the 2 I bought, and I'll share the info if it turns out good.

Offline dtomp

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2019, 11:45:41 AM »
Slide stops came in, all factory new. I posted where in new parts for 82/83.

anything