Author Topic: Russian 7.62X39 soft point -expansion video, in case you've not seen it  (Read 310 times)

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
Noticed this on arfcom and figured with the CZ's people here have/use it might be interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3-ot0PBT-E&feature=youtu.be
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

Offline ShakyDog

I wonder how different it would be at 25-50 yards. For the most part it was impressive.

Steve

Offline Ron M.

Pretty good for defensive use, not very good for hunting.

Not enough penetration and I suspect it would just blow up if you hit a shoulder or took a head shot. On a large hog most of the damage would have been in the gristle/fat plate.  No exit means no blood trail and maybe a lost deer.

Offline DOC 1500

They were just showing it was a viable round, I mean Gees you can't argue with the fact on  initial impact, that it expanded out about 4"  beyond the block and a wound Channel more than 10 inches deep penetration of 15. They didn't say it was the round to beat all rounds. They were just showing it's not the crap ammo some people think it is.
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
Very Interesting!  8)  I've seen similar results posted with the Silver Bear Softpoints, of which I happen to have about 2,000 rounds of, on hand.
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline DOC 1500

The plan simple answer is, if you shoot a bad guy and he doesn't go down, shoot him again.🤔
Don't be all caught up in the ballistics thing.🤪
He's definitely not going to ask you how much that round expands or how deep it penetrates.
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!