Author Topic: Beretta APX  (Read 784 times)

Offline CZ_FANATIC

Beretta APX
« on: March 04, 2019, 09:59:35 PM »
Who has one? How do you like it?

Offline Claymore504

Re: Beretta APX
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 08:16:32 AM »
I had one, the Compact 9mm, for a while. I ended up selling at after about a month. Overall I have nothing bad to say about it, I am just greatly invested in the P320 platform for striker fired handguns and just did not see the APX getting used.

The grip is small and texture is excellent. My hands are not huge and the trigger reach on the APX was perfect. I use the small palm swell on the M&P M2.0, small grip module on the P320 and small CZ P07/P09 back strap as an example.

Sights were typical three dot white set up, but the frot dot is bigger. I liked that as well. Magazines are very nice and metal. The trigger was overall good. It felt very mechanical and stagey, but I have a feeling it would smooth out with a few hundred rounds, I just did not make it that far. Recoil was very mild. I compared it to an M&P M2.0 compact 9mm, CZ P07 and P320 Compact 9mm. They only handgun that had less felt recoil was the M2.0 compact.

Taking the FCU out is not hard, but in reality it is much more complicated than the Sig P320. Not a deal breaker though. Doing a complete take down of the slide is much more complicated than the P320 as well. More parts in general.

Overall, I think it is a very well made handgun. If I wanted more striker guns to add to the collection I would get another, but I don't. I would highly recommend it for people that need a shorter trigger reach than most handguns provide. As for looks, I did not think much of it until I saw it in person. It looks better in person than online in pictures I think. The full slide serrations seem to work good enough. They are not as grippy as normal ones like on other current polymer pistols.

Offline GeneticallySwiss

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 10:45:57 AM »
I have a full size APX which I bought when they first came out in 2016.  I absolutely love the pistol.  The ergonomics of handguns is a big thing with me, and the Beretta APX has the best ergonomics of any handgun I have ever handled, and that's quite a few.  It's better than the Steyr M9-A1, which to me, prior to the APX, had the finest ergonomics of any handgun I ever handled.  I have tested my APX with a wide spectrum of ammunition, from +P to subsonic, and it has run flawlessly.  I can't say enough good about it.

GS
"Rules are for the obedience of fools and guidance of wise men"

- Douglas Bader -

Offline CZ_FANATIC

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2019, 10:23:52 PM »
I have a full size APX which I bought when they first came out in 2016.  I absolutely love the pistol.  The ergonomics of handguns is a big thing with me, and the Beretta APX has the best ergonomics of any handgun I have ever handled, and that's quite a few.  It's better than the Steyr M9-A1, which to me, prior to the APX, had the finest ergonomics of any handgun I ever handled.  I have tested my APX with a wide spectrum of ammunition, from +P to subsonic, and it has run flawlessly.  I can't say enough good about it.

GS

Thanks, I plan on ordering one tomorrow. They also have a $75.00 rebate going on until 4-30-19

Offline czsuby

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2019, 07:19:32 AM »
I have an APX combat that I like a lot.  It's very accurate and the trigger is pretty good.

Offline CZ_FANATIC

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2019, 10:09:54 PM »

GS

Thanks, I plan on ordering one tomorrow. They also have a $75.00 rebate going on until 4-30-19

I picked up the APX today. The ergonomics really are fantastic, and the trigger is first rate.
For $430.00 and a $75.00 rebate ($355.00), this baby is a steal.  Range report to come...
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 10:14:06 PM by CZ_FANATIC »

Offline CZ_FANATIC

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2019, 09:41:59 AM »
The APX is one of the finest 9mm pistols I have ever fired. She is a definite keeper.

Offline Ron M.

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2019, 10:43:27 AM »
I've shot an APX Centurion, like it enough that I will be getting one at some point. It's the best shooting striker fired, polymer framed pistol, for me. My wife didn't like the way it sits in her hands, she prefers her M&P CORE.

Offline CZ_FANATIC

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2019, 01:04:09 PM »
I've shot an APX Centurion, like it enough that I will be getting one at some point. It's the best shooting striker fired, polymer framed pistol, for me. My wife didn't like the way it sits in her hands, she prefers her M&P CORE.

I have the full size APX. It is the softest shooting 9mm I have ever fired, and very accurate also.