Author Topic: New Evo 3 S2 Micro Owner...time to pimp it out and tac light.  (Read 3646 times)

Offline Apex_speed

After over 12 months of impatiently waiting, I finally have an Evo 3 S2 sitting here. I am a long time HK and Styer guy but can't fault the Scorpion. I almost converted an S1 with an HBI kit but I'm glad I waited for the S2. I have the usual stuff on the way to suit my tastes (Yeti grip, mags, red dot, small bits, etc).

I am trying to come up with a good tac light and preferably one that isn't inlay priced. I don't want to give up the iron sights and I am left handed so that might cut down on options.

I would prefer something that sits to the top right so I was thinking a Surefire light and some sort of mount. The problem with being left handed is that would put it very close to the ejection port or in my way on the other side. The S2 is such a compact package that it's tough not to screw it up when adding accessories and rails.

Anyone have and good solutions?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 12:48:54 PM by Apex_speed »

Offline lorazepam

Re: New Evo 3 S2 Owner...time to pimp it out and tac light.
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 03:12:45 AM »
I have a tlr1 on mine.

Offline Apex_speed

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 10:20:20 AM »
I have a tlr1 on mine.

The TLR1 is a cool little light. Where did you mount it? It looks like it is compact enough that I could put an M-LOK rail on the side of the hand guard towards the top front and keep it out of the way.

Are you using their remote switch and if so, which one?

Offline stevep1794

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2019, 10:38:07 AM »
what is an S2???

Offline stevep1794

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2019, 10:39:48 AM »
I'm a lefty as well I bought the 1200 lum Olight PL2 - Valkyrie. I run it on the right side of the gun and it works great and is way brighter than the overpriced TL1. it was 90.00 on ebay.

Offline Apex_speed

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2019, 12:37:03 PM »
what is an S2???

The Evo 3 S2 is the new Micro K variant of the Scorpion. It is basically an S1 with the HBI add-on parts, short suppressor ready barrel, and collapsable brace.

https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-scorpion-evo-3-s2-pistol-micro-w-brace/

Offline Apex_speed

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2019, 12:48:03 PM »
I'm a lefty as well I bought the 1200 lum Olight PL2 - Valkyrie. I run it on the right side of the gun and it works great and is way brighter than the overpriced TL1. it was 90.00 on ebay.

A good option. Thanks! While I like the overall specs on the TR1 HL better, it looks like the PL2 has a better control layout (if remote isn't an issue) and I love the quick release lever. If the release lever works as well as it looks it might, that's huge for me.

Offline stevep1794

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2019, 12:54:14 PM »

A good option. Thanks! While I like the overall specs on the TR1 HL better, it looks like the PL2 has a better control layout (if remote isn't an issue) and I love the quick release lever. If the release lever works as well as it looks it might, that's huge for me.

Olight runs circles around TL. cost effective, brighter, better release lever, non sticking buttons (a prob on the TL) So it hits all the check boxes for me.

As for the S2 - being micro and HBI parts... Meh! Didn't really know it was called the S2?? I knew of the micro scorp. Really, not impressed. Granted I have the 7.5 with the flash can so the smaller micro doesn't do anything for me...except look cute.  :D

Offline Apex_speed

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2019, 01:11:07 PM »

As for the S2 - being micro and HBI parts... Meh! Didn't really know it was called the S2?? I knew of the micro scorp. Really, not impressed. Granted I have the 7.5 with the flash can so the smaller micro doesn't do anything for me...except look cute.  :D

Good to know on the light. Thanks.

If you want a PDW sized package and are an HK SP5K or a Sig MPX guy, the S2 is a great alternative. Very different from the other Scorpion variants (I like them all).

Offline lorazepam

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2019, 01:38:43 PM »
I have a tlr1 on mine.

The TLR1 is a cool little light. Where did you mount it? It looks like it is compact enough that I could put an M-LOK rail on the side of the hand guard towards the top front and keep it out of the way.

Are you using their remote switch and if so, which one?
I mounted it on the right side, and just use the regular switch. It is plenty bright for me, I find 1000 lumens too bright inside the house, kind of blinding.

Offline Apex_speed

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2019, 04:22:38 PM »
I mounted it on the right side, and just use the regular switch. It is plenty bright for me, I find 1000 lumens too bright inside the house, kind of blinding.

Thanks!

Offline M012617

Re: New Evo 3 S2 Micro Owner...time to pimp it out and tac light.
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2019, 09:58:20 PM »
Congrats OP, I also just got an S2 and have a similar question. I am looking at a mlok offset mount for the right side of the gun. Something like this one from Magpul https://www.magpul.com/products/m-lok-offset-light-optic-mount-aluminum I'm just not sure what size light would be right for the gun.

Offline Apex_speed

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2019, 05:14:16 PM »
Congrats OP, I also just got an S2 and have a similar question. I am looking at a mlok offset mount for the right side of the gun. Something like this one from Magpul https://www.magpul.com/products/m-lok-offset-light-optic-mount-aluminum I'm just not sure what size light would be right for the gun.

Congrats on yours! I settled on a Streamlight TLR-8 laser/light that I will mount on a track either on the left or right side all the way forward. I am going to use the NightStrike Diamondback Foregrip so I think this will put it in a perfect spot and still keep things very compact which is important to me as it's a PDW.

I'm also putting a red dot sight up top and will elevate it above the iron sights so that they are both usable. I could keep it low and get them to co-witness but I think the extra hight will make it more comfortable to shoot.

Offline M012617

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2019, 07:50:47 PM »
I am between a Romeo 5 or a Sightmark Ultra Plus I have.

The Romeo 5 with the low mount does not cowitness for me (see pics). I may run the Romeo 5 with the riser mount as I wouldn't want to take off the sights. But will also be trying out the Sightmark to see which works best.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Offline Apex_speed

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2019, 08:15:54 PM »
I am between a Romeo 5 or a Sightmark Ultra Plus I have.

The Romeo 5 with the low mount does not cowitness for me (see pics). I may run the Romeo 5 with the riser mount as I wouldn't want to take off the sights. But will also be trying out the Sightmark to see which works best.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Interesting.

I went with the Romeo5 based on the positive experiences of other Scorpion owners.