Poll

Shots fired without failure of slide-mounted Optic Sight?

Don't count rounds, maybe a "few boxes"
Less than 500 Rounds
500 to 2000 Rounds
2001 to 3000 Rounds
3001 to 5000 Rounds
5001 to 10000 Rounds
10001 to 20000 Rounds
Over 20000 Rounds and counting -- what problems?

Author Topic: How many shots fired with slide mounted optic (and which one/ones)?  (Read 5413 times)

Offline Richrit

Re: How many shots fired with slide mounted optic (and which one/ones)?
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2019, 09:37:13 AM »
Sounds like the Viper might be a better choice for the lower mounting height, I choose the Vortex for easy battery replacement.

Offline oldfrank

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2019, 12:54:21 PM »
I have probably 3000 on a Burris FF3 and a Vortex Venom with zero problems.

I just changed the battery because I like to do it on a yearly basis but both batteries had 2016 written on them. I had messed up but batteries were still running fine.

Offline lewmed

• 135th & 240th AHC Vietnam 1967-1968
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2019, 01:55:43 PM »
 I have old school Tasco propoints mounted on big bore revolvers and auto loaders that have worked well for over 20 years. My first Burris FF3 lasted just a few hours before turning it's self off ever few shots.  Optics Planet replaced it and it's been working great for over 2 years now. My newest sight a Vortex Venom has been mounted on a 9mm pistol for a little over 6 months and has seen well over 7,500 rounds. I have a total of 9 red dot sights mounted on 22's, 5.56, 300 Blk, 9mm, 44 mag, 45 auto, and 45 colt. Out of those 9 sights only the one has had to be returned for service.

Offline kmanick

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2019, 02:00:27 PM »
over 3,000 with my 6moa venom, so far so good, I have a Shield 8moa mini sight on my M&P 9 , about 2000 through that and again so far so good :)
make it criminal to own a gun and only criminals will own them

Offline Bossgobbler

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2019, 08:55:32 PM »
I have 30,000+ on my Accu-Shadow/Deltapoint. If you let the Deltapoint get just a little loose the circuit board will flex and you will have problems.

Offline Raining_Brass

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2019, 12:34:45 PM »
I have 30,000+ on my Accu-Shadow/Deltapoint. If you let the Deltapoint get just a little loose the circuit board will flex and you will have problems.

Gen 1 DP was an absolutely amazing optic. I only wish they didn't have the stupid adjustment locks on the back.

Offline OhioGuy78

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2019, 04:56:27 PM »
I mounted a 6 MOA Trijicon Type 2 on my P-07 (slide milled by CZ Custom). At least 2500 rounds since installation, it has never failed, nor drifted off its zero.

Offline JNW

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2019, 05:57:19 PM »
I have a Venom and a DPP, both mounted on different 9mm 1911s, with between 3k and 4K on each. No issues.  I have 2 more Venoms with over 1,000 rounds on each on a 22/45 and a PPQ.  I like the glass and dot on the DPP better.
Jeff

Offline 2morechains

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2019, 09:51:06 PM »
Type 2 RMR on a P10C. Slide milled for the optic. Primarily intended for carry use but shot it for 5-6 months in USPSA to put it thru it?s paces and get used to shooting with a dot. Racked up 4-5k rnds during that time with nary a flicker or reason for me to doubt the sight.

Eagerly awaiting delivery of the Trijicon SRO as the optic for my Shadow 2. Primary Machine: you?ll probably be hearing from me once I get the SRO.

Offline rgunner1

• Stay Upright...
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2019, 12:06:28 AM »
DPP 2 on a P09, Slide milled under 10,000 rounds competition and practice only (IPSC) basically started turning itself off and cycling down to sleep mode while shooting, it went back today so fingers crossed, lucky I have identical setup as backup..

Update 1 x week latter a new replacement arrived the old unit had a issue with the circuit board moving ? so total replace ..now to sight it in at the range on Saturday so far great warranty service .
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 01:29:48 AM by rgunner1 »
Stay Upright
    DVC

Offline Stmark73

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2019, 01:39:39 AM »
I have two romeo 1, 6moa. One on a CZ Shadow 2 with 2500 rds thru it and still going. The other one on a GP X-calibur with 1500 rds thru it and still going, as well. The first gen romeo 1 in my experience, was no good. 3 warranty service in 6 mos, with only a week worth of shooting. With the second gen, have not had any problem yet. Knock on wood.  ;D
Thank you,
Mark Santos

Offline Zachary29649

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2019, 02:02:48 AM »
I have had decent luck out of sig Romeo 1s I got probably 3k through one currently with no issues mounted on a 9mm. But my most surprising one is a JPoint mounted on a 10mm that I use to hunt with. After I killed the first Trijicon on it while mid-hunt they replaced it no questions asked. But after killing the second one at the range while working on some new hand load recipes I decided to go a different direction. So I bought the JPoint and couldn?t be happier over all with it and I am over 5k rounds in with out a hiccup just put the second new battery in it last month.

Offline Vinny

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2019, 03:58:31 PM »
Three years ago, due to aging eyesight, I decided to go all-in on red dots and I've never looked back. (no pun intended).
I've tried many. Although I have one RMR (on a RAMI BD) and folks rave about their durability; I don't like the small window and bottom load battery. JMO But it's perfect for my RAMI BD. Yeah, Trijicon just intro'd the larger SRO, but I already have DPPro's.

DPPro is hard to beat. Just bought my 3rd and never a problem in many thousands of rounds. The warranty is LIFETIME, whether you're original owner or not. Super durable, top-load battery, big window, adjustments 'click' 1moa for precision adjustment, and there's optional elev and wind-age adjustable rear iron for perfect co-witness. If there's any complaint, it is a bit tank-like on a compact and requires tall irons to co-witness.

I also have over 7,500+ rounds on a Romeo 1 (2nd gen) on a 229 LEGION RX and it's still going strong, although I turn on/off manually don't use the 'Motac' motion activation and I get better battery life. I like that the excellent XRay3 irons mate perfectly with the optic for co-witness from the factory.
SIG keeps upgrading their Romeo 1: 1st gen, 2nd gen, 6moa, Romeo 1 Pro, and if my count is correct; with the intro of '2nd gen' Romeo 1 PRO next month; there's now been 5 versions. If you had one of the early ones you might not be too happy; but I think they're trying hard to raise the bar in factory optics-equipped. Probably smarting from the fact the US Military recently chose DPPro for M17 SIG 320 with optics. Ouch! Hence the new/improved Romeo1 Pro with same mount pattern as DPPro.

Also have 3 Vortex Venom and they've been very good too. Excellent warranty, I think it's the bargain among them.

Ohh, and there's the Shield RMS on my P-01. Had a devil of a time getting it to zero at 10 yards because not enough elevation adjustment. Broke two and had to return to UK to get fixed; before I added a 1 degree Delrin shim to get enough tilt. The good news is it's working nicely now, 2,000 rnds since 2nd one came back from UK, and it's small and low enough to sit between factory sights to co-witness perfectly! However, I don't dare mess with the elevation adjustment for fear of breaking again.
If I had it to do over, I'd use the Venom on the P-01 and be done!

That's my 2 cents.  -Vinny
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 11:34:01 AM by Vinny »
"Fear is a reaction, Courage is a decision"
"Carpe Diem"

Offline larryflew

• Minnesota
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2019, 04:07:10 PM »
Finally thinking optics. 71 year old eyes need some help. Need to try some on one of my 75B guns before getting a mount for my SP01 Shadow because I already have a mount for those. So far looking at prices etc have confused me more than helped. #1 for this temp setup the holes are set up for Burris FF and Doctor which i believe also includes the Venom.  All of those and a few more are close to the same price.

Do any of in that $ range come with green dots since i have used green FO for MANY years?
When did it change from "We the people" to "screw the people"?

, []]]]]]]]]]]\>
        )'_\   (
'            \ *\
'              \ _\

Larry

Minnesota shooter
and CZ fanatic
NRA life since the 70's
USAF 66-70

Why use 911 when it's faster to use 1911 or 9mm?

Offline larryflew

• Minnesota
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2019, 04:59:38 PM »
Want to throw in great service note for Springer Precision.  Hate when stupid creeps in but at some point I lost the front and back set screws for the mount I have had for some time.  Emailed on a Sunday to see if I could buy a couple. Sent with tracking for free on Monday.
When did it change from "We the people" to "screw the people"?

, []]]]]]]]]]]\>
        )'_\   (
'            \ *\
'              \ _\

Larry

Minnesota shooter
and CZ fanatic
NRA life since the 70's
USAF 66-70

Why use 911 when it's faster to use 1911 or 9mm?

anything