Author Topic: 75 B and 75 Omega question  (Read 221 times)

Offline viking499

75 B and 75 Omega question
« on: March 08, 2019, 10:44:25 AM »
Let me just start by saying that I am an Upswept Beavertail kind of guy. :o

With that being said, I am looking for a full size steel framed 75 with no rail and an upswept tail on it.  The traditional straight tail digs into the web of my hand when shooting.  So, the upswept is a non-negotiable for me.  I know the SA model is upswept, but more interested in the DA/SA model right now.

I have seen pics of, but never in person, the 75 Omega which seems to have the upswept tail.  I am guessing it is the same as the traditional 75 B with the omega trigger system.  Since I have never had the omega system, and after reading some positives and negatives about it on the web, I am currently on the fence about the Omega since I am inexperienced with it at this point.

I have also seen some traditional triggered 75b's with the upswept tail.  Are these newer models or older models or just some that come off the CZ assembly line from time to time when they would do a parts closet cleanout?

Has the 75 BD ever been made with an upswept tail?  All the ones I have ever seen were not.  I actually prefer the decocker to the safety, but can live with either.  But, if decocker, I would like to have the decocker facing the rear of the gun instead of forward like I have seen on the Omega systems. 

Offline david s

Re: 75 B and 75 Omega question
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 05:49:13 PM »
See if you can locate a matte or polished stainless for the traditional SA/DA with beavertail.

Offline viking499

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 10:53:56 PM »
See if you can locate a matte or polished stainless for the traditional SA/DA with beavertail.

Prefer all black.

Offline aussie57

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2019, 07:43:16 AM »
I actually prefer the decocker to the safety, but can live with either.  But, if decocker, I would like to have the decocker facing the rear of the gun instead of forward like I have seen on the Omega systems.
I have the 75B Omega and must admit the "backwards" decocker has a weird feel to it but I can live with it. I would prefer it to work with a natural feel to it however. Taking that into consideration it is my only gripe about the gun.

Offline sberres

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2019, 11:45:13 PM »

Customize?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alcohol, tobacco, and firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a government agency.
SB