Author Topic: Ughh , TRS Broke  (Read 401 times)

Offline romex2121

Ughh , TRS Broke
« on: March 08, 2019, 10:58:47 AM »
While dry firing (W/snap cap) trigger went limp and would not return to normal position , I knew almost imedeitly what had happened and after removing the slide my guess was confirmed ,, broken TRS...
Not really mad that it broke but this gun isnt all that old maybe 1500 to 2000 trigger pulls both live fire and dry fire , i know CZ had a problem with these Springs breaking a while back maybe with my gun having a made date of 2016 it fell into the time frame of bad springs..
I've been thinking of ordering some goodies from CGW so i guess the broken TRS just made up my mind to place an order , in the mean time i may take the TRS out of my SP01 Tactical and put it in my compact since i use it more for night stand and carry more than the SP01.......

Offline George16

Re: Ughh , TRS Broke
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 12:18:23 PM »
Give them a call. They might send you a new one for free. They sent me a new reduced firing pin spring after mine broke. I sent them a picture of the broken spring and said they’ll send a couple free of charge. Very, very nice customer service.

Offline adrian

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 01:30:57 PM »
     Hiya romex2121 and thx for your thread and sorry your dry fire was interrupted in such fashion. Those of us that do empathize feel the slight discomfort. I was less knowledgeable than you when I had one break years ago. I had several instances of slide stop shearing tho previous to that ,a breakage with similar effect. But once I ruled that out I finished my session with another cz and dropped by CZC on my way back home. Was surprised to find that funny speaking bloke from across the pond at the counter and showed him my shadow. He headed to the back with my gun mumbling about the improved trigger springs he had in stock,returned few minutes later after installing one, refused payment,thanked him and off I went. So hope ya get sorted out as easily as I did and the story is also meant to say thanks to those folks that are here for the cz community and the many ways and times they are kind,generous,and example how people as well as clients should be treated. Be well.

Offline romex2121

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2019, 01:33:18 PM »
Give them a call. They might send you a new one for free. They sent me a new reduced firing pin spring after mine broke. I sent them a picture of the broken spring and said they’ll send a couple free of charge. Very, very nice customer service.
Looking for the ph. # now....

Offline romex2121

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2019, 01:51:20 PM »
New TRS on the way at no charge , CZ customer service was very nice and understanding , it does my heart well to know there is still companies out there that back up thier products
without a lot of B.S.   

Offline psion55

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2019, 04:54:32 PM »
Nice to know CZ is so responsive.

Even with a snap cap I don't like banging on the firing pin.  So here's something
I do that I picked up from another thread here.  I use an o-ring with a piece of
string that blocks the firing pin from getting hit at all.  I do believe they are #283
from Home Depot.  1/2" o.d., 5/16" i.d.  They work like a charm.  And the thread
makes it easier to pull out and you're less likely to forget it's there.

I'm new here and don't know how to post a photo with my post!  Arghhhh!

Offline psion55

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2019, 10:40:30 PM »
Just figured out how to add a photo.  Huzzah for me!

https://imgur.com/CESe6dS

https://imgur.com/hI1ZB3n

Offline George16

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2019, 09:56:19 AM »
Just figured out how to add a photo.  Huzzah for me!

https://imgur.com/CESe6dS

https://imgur.com/hI1ZB3n

Yup, that’s the way to go if you dryfure a lot. I got a bunch of those little orange o-rings for my RC truck shock absorber o-rings that I use for dryfiring. It really cushions the impact if it ever hits the firing pin end.