Author Topic: some Glock help  (Read 765 times)

Offline RPN

some Glock help
« on: March 10, 2019, 11:34:26 AM »
I had posted awhile back that I got a Glock 19x and was really enjoying it.  But, I've found the more I shot my P10c the more I've struggled with the Glock.  I feel like the grip angle is throwing me off and I'm struggling to compensate.  I've been tending to spray and have poor groups or miss lower left around 7 o'clock or 9 o'clock.

I just put some new Vickers Tactical sights on the 19x which I'm really liking.  At the end of my last range trip, I dropped on round in each mag to slow myself down and shot much better.  I also just love the feel of the gun and am hoping I can make some corrections but feel like I need some help.  Any Glock shooters out there with some words of wisdom?

Offline oldfrank

Re: some Glock help
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2019, 12:51:36 PM »
There is definately a difference in the pointability of a Glock and A CZ with the CZ pointing much better. But many people are able to do awesome with the Glock.
Swapping the backstrap will change trigger position and may stop the low left which is very common with many shooters.

Dry fire and range time and work on pressing the trigger straight back towards your nose and not pushing it to the left.

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2019, 05:15:25 PM »
 I've heard that's why many people switch from Glock to CZ
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2019, 06:42:58 PM »
You should not allow yourself to struggle any longer. The best help we can offer here is to sell the glock and buy another CZ.

Offline Hammer Time

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2019, 07:03:21 PM »
You should not allow yourself to struggle any longer. The best help we can offer here is to sell the glock and buy another CZ.

Agreed. And I think SVPP and I are both coming at this from a completely unbiased POV.  ;D

But on a more serious note, I think there is a very solid argument to be made about not fighting against ergonomics that aren't working for you and going instead with the pistol that feels and points most intuitively for you.

SP-01 Tac

P-07

Offline Phlyers13

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2019, 07:12:13 PM »
A lot of people also dremel an undercut below the trigger guard too, to allow a higher grip.  I spent many years as a Glock shooter prior to becoming “enlightened” and was always very accurate. It’s been years since I shot one and I took my buddies 19 for a spin the other week and couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn with it. It was embarrassing.

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2019, 07:17:19 PM »
I have a buddy that loves my P10C, but he has a safe full of Glocks. He shoots them well and would have to retrain for the CZ grip angle. Very difficult to go back and forth. I would pick one platform or the other, but that's just me.

Offline CZ_FANATIC

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2019, 07:34:25 PM »
I thought my P-10C had great ergonomics until I got my Beretta APX. Glocks have no ergonomics.

Offline MuzzleBlastMD

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2019, 09:45:28 AM »
I had posted awhile back that I got a Glock 19x and was really enjoying it.  But, I've found the more I shot my P10c the more I've struggled with the Glock.  I feel like the grip angle is throwing me off and I'm struggling to compensate.  I've been tending to spray and have poor groups or miss lower left around 7 o'clock or 9 o'clock.

I just put some new Vickers Tactical sights on the 19x which I'm really liking.  At the end of my last range trip, I dropped on round in each mag to slow myself down and shot much better.  I also just love the feel of the gun and am hoping I can make some corrections but feel like I need some help.  Any Glock shooters out there with some words of wisdom?

The Glock 19X and 45 have Combat sights. You need to cover the Target with the front sight, as opposed to a standard/6:00 hold.

A high grip is what you need on a Glock.

I have many Glocks, but I also have 4 steel CZ pistols.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Offline RPN

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2019, 10:56:38 AM »
Thanks for the feedback all.

I am of two minds for sure on this.  Part of me says why struggle and spend more time and money learning to shoot it well when my CZs are easier for me to shoot well. I kinda wish the bleep gun wasn't so pleasurable to shoot and my initial times with it I shot it quite well!  Part of me also thinks it's good to have a Glock in the house from a prepping perspective.

My gut is telling me it's related to grip angle adjustment...this thing has a nicer trigger than my P10c.

I appreciate all the feedback  :D

Offline 2morechains

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2019, 05:13:25 PM »
I find when I shoot my Glocks I have to really grip them hard.  Actually, even when shooting 1911 or 2011’s with great triggers, or my Shadow 2, it still helps when I crush the heck out of the grip.  Perhaps its the difference in ergos between the 19X and your CZ is what you’re struggling with?

Offline SSGN_Doc

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2019, 12:20:59 AM »
I ran Glocks primarily for several years.  Still had to qualify with Beretta. 

When I grip with both hands, my support hand thumb runs along the side of the frame pointing forward, like I’m pointing with that thumb.  My dominant hand index finger runs along the other side of the frame, pointing forward, as well until I’m ready to put it into the trigger guard.  If you practice presenting at a target from the low ready, just pointing at a target, while thinking of putting the target between your thumb and that opposing index finger, you will find you begin learning how to point right at the target, without really having to think about it.  You will begin to fbring the eye to the sights to find them already aligned close to the target.

Any new handgun I get, I spend some time just doing holster presentations or presentations from low ready, (with a verified empty pistol),  LOTS of times, until I find the sights coming right up onto the center of the target.

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2019, 03:26:30 AM »
^^^ This... and cut the distance to your target in half and your Glock groups will improve.
 ::)

Offline Sumdumguy

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2019, 05:25:58 PM »

Maybe bury it in the backyard instead.

I don't think I could live with the guilt of selling it to some poor, unsuspecting soul. ;)

Offline eastman

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2019, 10:24:55 PM »

Maybe bury it in the backyard instead.

I don't think I could live with the guilt of selling it to some poor, unsuspecting soul. ;)

I'm certain there is a Mall-Ninja Wannabe out there who'll want to buy that glock
I don't look like my avatar!