Author Topic: Greetings from Pennsylvania/U.P of Michigan/ Montana  (Read 265 times)

Offline wingding

Greetings from Pennsylvania/U.P of Michigan/ Montana
« on: March 12, 2019, 04:50:15 PM »
Hello All,   Im spread between 3 states but just got into [finally]handguns and in particular the CZ.  1st got the CZ 75B Omega followed by the CZ 75B Stainless [Matte] followed by the Kadet .22 and finally coming in the mail... CZ 75 B Stainless [High Polished]      I was surprised how easy the pins come out the front sight to replace.    Biggest question I have for all...   Doesnt seem to be much in the way of gun sights.... Ameriglo /Trijicon does not seem to have anything updated that they offer for other guns.
Digging around I finally found Dawson Precsion  but the problem here is the back sight as the have the front covered...    So Im getting a few front sights... Whats a good match for the back sight?

I know TruGlo is out there but after carefully looking it over... The sights are really not that impressive to me... Seems the front sight in particular is not..... particularly eye riveting like others I seen but cant get for a CZ..   Meprolight .. im not familar with...anybody really like them? Hiviz, again, not familar with...   

Well, I did call Dawson Precision and the gentleman could not have been more kind in explaining how slapping a set of sights on a gun is not exactly a simple process  in any way,if you want to get it right... there's no one size fits all... and in between the design minor changes between the Kadets and the different models comes change. Thats why when you order through him there is 8 different sizes for the front sight alone for the CZ 75 .   I am wondering how most of you out there in CZ land handled your gun sight situation?   
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 09:19:27 PM by wingding »

Offline adrian

Re: Greetings from Pennsylvania/U.P of Michigan/ Montana
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 06:36:50 PM »
     Hiya wingding and welcome from phoenix arizona. Sounds like you have been a CZ fan for a while now and invite ya to try the search function here to dig up the many threads to also toss into the mix. You are also fortunate to have found a site where the owners and gunsmiths of czcustom and cajun gun works have spots avail to direct questions if ya didn't feel the need to call there toll free numbers. But I'm glad to put my non expert two cents in when I can.
     Altho I've spent thousands in mods including custom work I gotta ask, if it aint broke why fix it...lol   As I've had projects that one after the other eventually led me back to putting back the factory original part,leaving a box full of parts I'd need to pedal. So tell us about what your particular needs and likes are for the rear sight,and that may well give us direction. Looks like you may like sights that glow in the dark, is that bout right? Well one 75b-SA that CZC had done prolly 800 of work included a Novak Heine style cut and nice low mount trijicon. I believe once you have a shop do the milling work, there are dozens if not hundreds of rear site options you can choose from. Ya just may have to evolve thru several of them to find your favorite. Thru my trial and error, I'd go with night sights if I needed to find my gun in a dark room, but decided if I needed to see them on a target it was prolly to dark to be shooting at anything. So ended up with a machined front site to pick up ambient light and a hex shaped ,ghost ring,for the rear sight. Shall assume you have already learned that your Kadet needs a 17lb mainspring to prevent light strikes,but fyi, adding a fiber optic (i liked the green rod) is a great touch needing only a small elevation adj, to its rear to zero it.  Again welcome and be well.

Offline Rickytick

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 06:52:08 PM »
Hello from Oklahoma.

Offline Alcoy

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 07:01:15 PM »
Welcome from Virginia.

Offline Trh9905

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2019, 07:45:13 PM »
Hello and welcome to the forum from central MI.  Go green!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Firemanjones

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2019, 09:21:46 PM »
Welcome from Florida.
Safety First
Living the dream, driving a Fire Engine RETIRED shooting my Guns in FL and the Mountains of NC and hanging in Mannheim.

Offline wingding

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2019, 09:49:24 PM »
Greetings All!     Super Nice informative information Adrian!   Thank You! And Im glad you told me about the spring in the Kadet because Im having all sorts of issues with it.... I worn a hole in the side of my index finger recocking it just about everytime.  So my stock spring is or very well could be my issue here?   Gosh what a pleasure it would be if I could cock that Kadet once and shoot ten without any issues.   It was brand new and was trouble right outta the box...  So im guessing thats not a 17 pound spring in there?  Im also having other issues with it... cartridges jamming.. ah.. seems the rounds are not loading and I have a empty chamber..... It can be any one of a variety of things.  Could the spring be the cause of all those issues? I bought like 8000 rounds of ever imaginable .22 .. and used different companies bullets. Nothing really worked... strangely though...a couple times it actually shot all 10 but that was a rare occurance.. I think i got about 200 rounds through it so far.

Greeting Rickytrick Alcoy Trh and Firemanjones....   You know I was never aware as I am now how important the right to bare arms is...and I am also aware that the threat from within to take that away. It's as clear as day to me now... Thats why I made the decision to do all the necessary paperwork and take advantage of my constitutional  right!

I dont want to be controversial here but......Sure glad things worked out the way they did in 2016.... cause I dont think I would be able to do this earlier this year if things had been ....different..

Gosh, I got a CZ 75 stainless steel High polish on the way.... I have been dreaming about that one for a long  time...   Im sure some of you have that gun... Thats got to be the nicest handgun on planet Earth!!!   OH..... In my humble opinion....

Offline czsuby

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2019, 06:40:26 AM »
Welcome from South Carolina.