Author Topic: 1st time owning a GENUINE CZ.  (Read 325 times)

Offline Jay42410

1st time owning a GENUINE CZ.
« on: March 12, 2019, 05:36:50 PM »
As the title says I just bought my first Genuine CZ (I've owned a few CZ 75 clones like the EAA Sar) a P10C. So far I've discovered a couple little quirks that make this gun different from anything else I own. The mag release issue for one, it is difficult to drop a full mag with the slide forward. I think it's due to the way this gun holds its magazine in locking on a hole high and in the center. Other than that though it's a great little gun. Serial is C680XXX if that helps anything.

Offline Blackwatch

Re: 1st time owning a GENUINE CZ.
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 05:56:52 PM »
Hello and welcome from Texas!

Offline adrian

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 06:05:52 PM »
     Hiya Jay and welcome,don't forget to drop in the new members part of the forum for us to officially welcome you. I don't own the platform p10c ,not a polymer fan,but have owned several clones of the Tanfoglio/EAA witness variety. And without some of those quirks, it would make a dent in our thread content.
     Is the gun a brand new one,and you have receipts etc? Are the mags factory new,gunk and all? Did you strip and clean proper after you bought it? verses a used model that may have aftermarket mags,or possibly mods done you were not made aware of. If brand new,I'd call the toll free number at cz-usa,specifically ask if you can be directed to a gunsmith to figure out the course of action, which under warrantee could include free replacement mags,or the smiths doing the appropriate adjustments so the problem never occurs again. Sound reasonable? They email ya free shipping labels and such so no cost,just a wait. If used,I'd still try their support and the smith may suggest a home remedy to trouble shoot your issue.
     And if cz-usa can't advise, I'm sure the operators of your platform have documented remedies,so yes google can sometimes be a friend.And the forum does have a search function here to help. Be well.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 06:49:08 PM »
Some pistols are really tough to get the mag. release button pushed in with the tension that puts on the magazine.  The magazine is being pushed downwards really hard and that makes the button difficult to push in.

I have a new XD that just about takes two fingers to push the button in with 13 in the magazines and the slide forward.  Same for a second 5" Tactical a relative has.

Some pistols don't seem to have the issue, some do.  I'll bet it's really easy to drop an empty magazine or even one that only has 7 or 8 rounds in it. 
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

Offline Rickytick

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2019, 06:51:20 PM »
Hello from Oklahoma.

Offline Alcoy

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2019, 07:01:43 PM »
Welcome from Virginia.

Offline Trh9905

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2019, 07:48:08 PM »
Hello and welcome to this forum from central MI.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Firemanjones

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2019, 09:21:10 PM »
Welcome from Florida.
Safety First
Living the dream, driving a Fire Engine RETIRED shooting my Guns in FL and the Mountains of NC and hanging in Mannheim.

Offline czsuby

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2019, 06:38:00 AM »
Welcome from South Carolina.