Author Topic: Evo 3 S2 faux suppressor issue  (Read 17242 times)

Offline M012617

Evo 3 S2 faux suppressor issue
« on: March 13, 2019, 09:33:16 AM »
So after my first 100 rounds through the Evo 3 S2 (worked flawlessly btw) I noticed that the faux suppressor had come loose. It was slightly wobbly and would rattle a bit when shaken. I was able to tighten the nut at the front end of the fake can with an AR tool and that solved the issue for now. Curiously though I could not unscrew it completely. It seemed to become tighter no matter which way I turned it. Anyhow I emailed CZ about the issue and will post response. Not sure if anyone else has had a similar issue.

In other news, the faux suppressor seems to really help with shielding the heat from the barrel. The handguard never felt warm to the touch despite rapid fire.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 09:42:11 AM by M012617 »

Offline 00goobs

Re: Evo 3 S2 faux suppressor issue
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 04:37:49 PM »
I really like that faux supressor look. That's my next machining project for my Scorpion. I assume that's the CZ micro....

I took my handguard nut off and felt tighter as it was being taken off from the thread lock they use.

Offline M012617

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 06:26:43 PM »
Yep sure is. Picked it up recently.

Offline SilentRecon

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 12:54:01 AM »
I believe that faux osprey suppressor is a  removable shroud. If you end up suppressing it then it can come off for the real deal.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Offline M012617

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 09:36:19 PM »
I believe that faux osprey suppressor is a  removable shroud. If you end up suppressing it then it can come off for the real deal.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yup and it does a great job of dissipating heat. However, I found it unsettling that it came loose after only 100 rounds.

Offline M012617

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2019, 10:49:52 PM »
Response from CZ, "For the Scorpion Micro there is a castle nut that tightens and secures the faux suppressor onto the muzzle threads. There is a special tool that tightens this castle nut so we would recommend that you send the firearm in to us. However if you would like to have the tool yourself, you may be able to contact SilencerCo to see if they have any available for sale."

I reached out to silencer co but am wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a tool I can use.

Also, the castle nut loosened again during my second range trip.

Offline Tommydogg

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2019, 04:16:42 AM »
Were you able to order that wrench? If you were, can yousupply the part number?

Offline M012617

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2019, 08:31:04 AM »
No, they haven't responded yet.

Offline Asylum9

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2019, 10:06:27 AM »
Does the castle stick up past the suppressor or does the tool have to be inserted? It's hard to tell from the photos.
Would something like an adjustable spanner wrench work or something like the

https://m.lowes.com/pd/Gardner-Bender-3-4-in-Drive-Torque-Wrench/1000241849
ApIII%

Offline Trooper894

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2019, 11:55:57 AM »
Looks like a spanner could be made from an air impact socket with the appropriate outside diameter or even a piece of heavy walled pipe with a rod attached through the outer edges and then notching it to make the teeth to fit the nut's notches.
Honor - Doing what's right, even if no one is watching.

Offline M012617

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2019, 04:02:13 PM »
The castle nut is recessed which makes things a bit difficult. I'll post silencer co's response when I get it.

Offline Asylum9

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2019, 07:57:32 PM »
The castle nut is recessed which makes things a bit difficult. I'll post silencer co's response when I get it.
That's probably the best option for a recessed nut. They have spanner sockets for $6-10 that should work. Probably $45 cheaper without the sico name. Get some high temp lock tight and re-tighten.
This is also an issue when using a direct thread suppressor which is why people opt for 3 lug or taper.
ApIII%

Offline M012617

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2019, 08:13:04 PM »
That's probably the best option for a recessed nut. They have spanner sockets for $6-10 that should work. Probably $45 cheaper without the sico name. Get some high temp lock tight and re-tighten.
This is also an issue when using a direct thread suppressor which is why people opt for 3 lug or taper.
Great answer thank you. I'm going to look for one that fits.

Offline M012617

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2019, 08:44:24 PM »

Response from Silencer Co

"I am sorry, we exclusively make those faux suppressors for CZ, so we do not make a tool for them. I would recommend going through CZ to get this resolved."

So yeah, I'm going the spanner socket route.

Offline rbuzz00

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2019, 11:21:45 PM »
Response from CZ, "For the Scorpion Micro there is a castle nut that tightens and secures the faux suppressor onto the muzzle threads. There is a special tool that tightens this castle nut so we would recommend that you send the firearm in to us. However if you would like to have the tool yourself, you may be able to contact SilencerCo to see if they have any available for sale."

I reached out to silencer co but am wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a tool I can use.

Also, the castle nut loosened again during my second range trip.

I just got my CZ Scorpion Micro about a week or so ago and have noticed that my faux suppressor has loosened up a little also. Mine hasn't gotten to the point where it rattles, but if you look at the end of the barrel it is obviously crooked in the hand guard opening.  I managed to straighten the faux suppressor with my hand, but after the second trip to the range it's crooked again.

I measured the castle nut and found it to be just over 3/4" diameter. I think I am going to purchase what they call a drag link socket to use to tighten it. You can find them made by various tool makers, but one of the easiest places is Amazon. They list several, but the one in the link below I think will fit the bill.

The tool is probably a smart investment to make anyway because I'm sure that it would be wise to periodically remove the faux suppressor so that the barrel can be cleaned and oiled. Evidently this is going to be an ongoing problem with this suppressor wanna be. I'm thinking about adding a little blue loctite to the threads to prevent it from loosening again.

https://www.amazon.com/Stanley-Proto-J5444A-2-Inch-Socket/dp/B00209S3OO/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=drag+link+socket&qid=1553224023&s=gateway&sr=8-4

anything