Author Topic: Evo 3 S2 faux suppressor issue  (Read 17353 times)

Offline Grizz5212

Re: Evo 3 S2 faux suppressor issue
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2019, 10:28:00 PM »
Mine just came in. If it was a hair thicker and just slighty longer it would be a perfect fit but it works as is. I haven't tried loctite yet, I'd rather run it without it. Now that I have the tool and it is tightened as much as possible I hope it wont keep coming loose. If it does, I'll go the loctite route.

Thanks for sharing, have been trying to find a way to remove the faux suppressor so I can replace it with a kaw valley linear compensator. I have one on my mpx and it makes it sound like a .22.

When you install that Kaw Valley compensator on your micro, can you post a picture?  I've been thinking about doing the same and want to see how it'll look.  Thanks!

Offline Asylum9

« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2019, 08:22:02 PM »
With knowing the exact dimensions it's had to tell but this might work. It's a custom wrench for suppressor endcaps.
https://superprecisionconcepts.com/collections/tools/products/universal-wrench
ApIII%

Offline Nighthawk140x

« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2019, 09:03:44 PM »
Can anybody tell me the diameter of the faux suppressor? I'm contemplating ordering one of these but I want to know the dimension because I want to take it off and put a real suppressor on it

Offline spoooon

« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2019, 06:54:05 AM »
For those of you that tightened the castle nut, did you tighten it any particular amount? And did anyone end up using loctite? Took mine shooting for the first time and got the twist, maybe like 3 or 4 degrees to the left as you stare down the barrel. 100 rounds.

Ordered one of the things that was mentioned in this thread for just in case, gets delivered today.

Offline OpusXJ

« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2019, 10:42:11 AM »
Can anybody tell me the diameter of the faux suppressor? I'm contemplating ordering one of these but I want to know the dimension because I want to take it off and put a real suppressor on it
The handguard can accept a can up to 1.60".

Offline OpusXJ

Offline jcassey

« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2019, 11:49:32 AM »

Thanks for sharing, have been trying to find a way to remove the faux suppressor so I can replace it with a kaw valley linear compensator. I have one on my mpx and it makes it sound like a .22.

tarugs - Curious if you ever put the kaw valley linear comp on? I?m thinking about doing the same thing. Any idea what thread size is the correct to order?

JC

Offline rbuzz00

« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2019, 03:56:26 PM »
A tool is born; https://hbindustries.net/store/shop/cz-scorpion-s2-micro-faux-suppressor-tool-noosprey/

Thanks for the heads up and thanks for HBI for coming out with this much needed tool.

Offline spoooon

« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2019, 03:13:55 PM »
I bought the tool as soon as it came out. Perfect fit. Only disappointment is that my faux suppressor still gets loose after shooting, despite the use of loctite. Not too bad though.

Offline M012617

Offline Megalobyte69

Evo 3 S2 faux suppressor issue
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2019, 07:13:39 PM »
After shooting mine for the  first time today I think the faux suppressor is slightly canted but just ever so slightly. I had ordered the tool just in case and it?ll be here this week. But, it?s possible mine was slightly canted when new because if it came loose today while shooting, I?d expect to be able to rotate it a bit, but it?s 100% not movable, it?s firm in place. Is there a set screw holding it in place or just the tension of the castle nut? I don?t want to force it back to straight by hand only to find I sheared off a set screw I didn?t realize was inside the handguard.

It?s probably like maybe 1-2 degrees off perfect. I?m thinking I should leave it alone and only deal with it if it gets worse?

Offline M012617

« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2019, 07:24:20 PM »
It's just the castlenut holding it. Mine keeps coming loose even after tightening it. I'm going to be applying loctite and see what happens, though I'm not sure itll be all that effective.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Offline Megalobyte69

« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2019, 07:29:25 PM »
Ok thanks. It?s odd though how if mine did come slightly loose today, why does it feel 100% not loose? I can?t twist it to save my life, and I?m fairly strong. that?s  why I wonder if mine is fully tightened and not loose, just canted slightly even though it?s fully tightened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline spoooon

« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2019, 03:09:35 PM »
Mine continues to turn slightly after firing despite the use of loctite. I might replace with a Barking Spider or something. So annoying because the gun is so sweet otherwise.

anything