Author Topic: PCRs fly off of the shelves  (Read 4929 times)

Offline granky

PCRs fly off of the shelves
« on: March 13, 2019, 05:36:12 PM »
Four weeks ago I put myself on a dozon notify lists and waited. Two weeks ago I received emails from several of those that they were in stock. I ordered from one only to find that it wasn't in their stock and was no longer available. In less than a day all of those emails were worthless.

Last week I received a notice from a dealer with whom I had purchased my TS so I grabbed it. Yesterday after returning home from retrieving it I had an email from a well known CZ supplier and it was $35 less than I had paid. Just my luck I thought so I tried to add it to the cart for giggles only to discover it was gone. Now I'm feeling good for paying slightly more to have one in hand.

I had never handled one before owning it. As soon as I picked it up the size weight and feel won me over, it was just what I wanted. Prior to dry firing I was determined to be satisfied with a stock gun but that long hard pull on DA is more than I bargained for. It is going to CGW for the pro trigger and a sight install but it's well worth it and will be one of my prized handguns right next to my 97B E the TS and perhaps the W German P228.

In a world of drive-thrus and throw away junk it is a pleasure to find something that gives pride of ownership and while not cheap it is seldom we find something as worthy as this.

Offline Texas377

Re: PCRs fly off of the shelves
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 06:01:41 PM »
While they do seem hard to locate, I still check on Gun Broker and see them regularly.  Mine will also make the trip to CGW for trigger work.   
CZ Compact PCR
Sig Sauer P320
Ruger LCP
Others, etc.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 06:26:24 PM »
I've had my PCR for 10 years now and over 10k rounds fired. They are outstanding pistols and I wouldn't trade mine for 3 glocks or all the tea in china!

Offline NEKvermont

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2019, 06:44:43 PM »
 On March 3rd I posted that I found a PCR at a well stocked local shop and put a deposit on it. Today I went and paid it off, now I'm waiting on the background check (delayed). I looked at the date on the target that comes with it and it said March 14 2017. The shop owner said this PCR had been in his shop since April of 2017. I am amazed that this firearm has been on the shelf for nearly 2 years. I guess it was meant for me.

Offline Hawker800

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 01:41:17 AM »
It's one of my favorites.

Offline Tok36

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2019, 05:38:06 AM »
This thread needs some PCR pics.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline Texas377

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2019, 01:33:25 PM »

I have one and still enjoy looking at photos of others.  Do I have a CZ addiction problem?   8)
CZ Compact PCR
Sig Sauer P320
Ruger LCP
Others, etc.

Offline Hawker800

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2019, 02:41:09 PM »

Offline Tok36

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2019, 03:11:45 PM »
I have one and still enjoy looking at photos of others.  Do I have a CZ addiction problem?   8)

Sounds like a CZ addiction blessing.  ;D

On another note, nice looking PCR Hawker800. Thank you for the pics.

Offline CZRex

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2019, 10:47:20 PM »

This one looks like mine that's in Houston, TX.  Huh, you say?  My daughter moved to Houston a few years ago and I wanted her to take whichever pistol she shot best.  We went to the range and lo and behold she shot the PCR best.  Sooo, long story short, I had to replace it....of course I did!  PCR is hard to beat.  I'm in GA and I think I found my PCR in Michigan or Wisconsin.  Once I had the money I jumped on the first one I saw at a decent price....about $525.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 10:56:59 PM by CZRex »
PTC, but Pine Mtn will always be home.

Offline ZanderMan

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2019, 11:16:24 PM »
Used to own a CZ Jawa...

Offline whitetail hunter

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2019, 07:55:26 PM »
Sold my PCR 4 months ago with only 100 rounds on her to my buddy that has a gun shop(mostly long range guns 1,000 yard club), It sat in the shop for 3 1/2 months and no one every look at it. Finally it got to me a couple of weeks ago and bought her back $350.00 out the door. I must of had a brain fart the day I sold it. Must of needed something but can't remember what it was.

Offline jackinil

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2019, 09:09:04 PM »
Mine,with it's big brother-

Offline granky

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2019, 06:08:55 PM »
Well, here I am with no pictures.  Haven't even shot it yet but I intend to remedy that this Sunday.

I've been dry firing it with an o-ring quite a bit and the trigger has smoothed out. I've given a lot of thought about what if anything I want to change and the more I think about it there isn't much to do to it after all. At first I was going to send it to CGW and get the full monty now I'm considering the role it will play as self defense and feel the trigger was designed for this and it is well suited as is.

The DA is 12 lbs and if it  were 9 or 10 that might be more ideal, the SA is just under 5 lbs with a nice enough break, not sure I want it any lighter. So I'll shoot it and perhaps consider a 15 or 16 lb hammer spring but could live with it the way it is.

Sights are another matter though not as horrendous as some claim. They work though the choice of the dot paint is a poor one, IMO. I may try to drill it out and replace the dots with bright white. White always worked for me. I like the looks of the Dawson night sights for the PCR though I would be quite happy with white dots. Anyone have these? What is the sight picture like?

Have a JM Custom Kydex OWB 1 straight drop on order. This will be my 3rd or 4th holster from them and they are always without issue and a fine quality made holster. If I carry this over my smaller PM9 or PPS I won't be concerned about it showing as much as ease of draw.

The only wisdom I really have is consider the purpose and let that be your guide. bleep this is a nice handgun.

Offline Tok36

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2019, 08:07:00 PM »
Gratz, glad to hear that you are liking it. May it shoot flawlessly.