Author Topic: New Evo 3 S2 Micro Owner...time to pimp it out and tac light.  (Read 838 times)

Offline M012617

Re: New Evo 3 S2 Micro Owner...time to pimp it out and tac light.
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2019, 09:54:03 PM »
It's fantastic, just not sure how one would get it to absolute cowitness. Either way I didn't like how cluttered the sight picture was with it on the low mount.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Offline adrian

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2019, 10:19:20 PM »
     Hiya and congrats on the new gun. Its not on your short list but a mate ran the vortex venom and said it co witnessed just fine. Preferred a 3 MOA for his range of shooting, will look out for your range report. Be well.

Offline Apex_speed

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2019, 10:35:59 PM »
     Hiya and congrats on the new gun. Its not on your short list but a mate ran the vortex venom and said it co witnessed just fine. Preferred a 3 MOA for his range of shooting, will look out for your range report. Be well.

Good info. Thanks!

Offline motorolanut

• “Character is what you are in the dark.”
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2019, 06:47:46 AM »
I am between a Romeo 5 or a Sightmark Ultra Plus I have.

The Romeo 5 with the low mount does not cowitness for me (see pics). I may run the Romeo 5 with the riser mount as I wouldn't want to take off the sights. But will also be trying out the Sightmark to see which works best.

Interesting.

I went with the Romeo5 based on the positive experiences of other Scorpion owners.

The Romeo 5 is what I am mounting.  Just waiting on it to arrive but need to figure out a mounting height for the co-witness.
Unless I remove the factory CZ sights and go with Magpul Mbus flip ups for the co-witness.
Virtue has united, death shall not separate

Offline Apex_speed

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2019, 12:20:15 PM »
The Romeo 5 is what I am mounting.  Just waiting on it to arrive but need to figure out a mounting height for the co-witness.
Unless I remove the factory CZ sights and go with Magpul Mbus flip ups for the co-witness.

Let us know how it turns out. The Magpul sights do look nice but I like the factory sights.

One thing for me with the Romeo 5 mounted higher is that you don't have to bend your neck as much so it's easier to get comfortable. The factory sights should work fine through the riser under the Romeo 5 which is also important as I think there should always be usable iron sights on a gun no matter what the application.

Offline M012617

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2019, 12:29:42 PM »
I agree 100%. Much easier and more comfortable for me to use a red dot that sits higher, especially with the PDW brace that makes a traditional cheekweld a bit Uncomfortable.

Offline motorolanut

• “Character is what you are in the dark.”
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2019, 12:41:58 PM »

Let us know how it turns out. The Magpul sights do look nice but I like the factory sights.

One thing for me with the Romeo 5 mounted higher is that you don't have to bend your neck as much so it's easier to get comfortable. The factory sights should work fine through the riser under the Romeo 5 which is also important as I think there should always be usable iron sights on a gun no matter what the application.

Will do sir.
Virtue has united, death shall not separate

anything